TIL: Today I Learned... (4 Viewers)

I almost ruined my keyboard with that one. Best Post of the Day.
it's the truth guys and gals. It can't be corrected with surgery. The type I need bypasses the chochlea and the adapter
is placed on the temple. it cost 10 grand and my insurance doesnt cover it. I don't mind being made fun of, but it's
a condition i wish I didn't have.

it's the truth guys and gals. It can't be corrected with surgery. The type I need bypasses the chochlea and the adapter
is placed on the temple. it cost 10 grand and my insurance doesnt cover it. I don't mind being made fun of, but it's
They're making fun of the whiff on the "What?" joke, not the hearing aid/cochlear thing or your condition. :9:

I watched that one.

I want to ask the guy "Well, ok, but why does it only follow me?"
I believe it depends on who is closer to the fire. There is a sweet spot where you are far enough away to not attract the smoke but still receive some heat.

I don't think that anybody was making fun of you.

I've had tinnitus since I was 7-8 years old. It gets louder as I age. I haven't had a moment of quiet in 43-44 years. It's loud enough now that I have a difficult time ignoring it, and it affects my hearing and sleeping. Unfortunately, it would still be ringing even if I went deaf.

Hearing problems aren't a joke

I don't think that anybody was making fun of you.

I've had tinnitus since I was 7-8 years old. It gets louder as I age. I haven't had a moment of quiet in 43-44 years. It's loud enough now that I have a difficult time ignoring it, and it affects my hearing and sleeping. Unfortunately, it would still be ringing even if I went deaf.

Hearing problems aren't a joke
Yeah, mine has been going on for as long as I can remember. Doesn't matter if I have hearing aids on or not. Same freaking noise. You don't ever really get used to it, but I do tolerate it ok.

Yeah, mine has been going on for as long as I can remember. Doesn't matter if I have hearing aids on or not. Same freaking noise. You don't ever really get used to it, but I do tolerate it ok.
I thought there was something out there for tinitus? If not a cure, but something that reduces it? Like white noise producing hearing aids?

I thought there was something out there for tinitus? If not a cure, but something that reduces it? Like white noise producing hearing aids?
Yeah, I don't know if my condition is tinnitus specifically or similar symptoms, but I've had weird ringing in thr ears for as long as I can remember. Nothing has helped.

They're making fun of the whiff on the "What?" joke, not the hearing aid/cochlear thing or your condition. :9:
Sorry, just seeing this - and you're totally correct.

@faceman - my apologies if it seemed like I was making fun of your condition. My comment was definitely aimed at guido and his "what?" comment.

Last edited:
TIL:
Eva Amurri is Susan Sarandon's daughter.
Sarandon played older Mrs McGarricle in Adam Sandler's Thats My Boy. Eva Amurri Payed the younger version of the teacher.
TIL: that people didn't know the only reason Eva Amurri has a quasi acting career is cos her mother is Susan Sarandon.

TIL: that people didn't know the only reason Eva Amurri has a quasi acting career is cos her mother is Susan Sarandon.
Ok (so def TiL since I just googled who this was)
But doesn’t new boyfriend look a LOT like Tim Robbins?

Attachments

• E7043F72-E9E2-439F-BF1D-F13382679996.jpeg
    E7043F72-E9E2-439F-BF1D-F13382679996.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom