TIL: Today I Learned... (6 Viewers)

TIL that there is a thing called the Austrailian Dingo Fence that is 3500 miles long.
But anytime i hear the word Dingo, all i can think about is "a Dingo ate my baby!"...

1660131217169.png
australia's failed hadrian's wall in preparation for the great pest war to come. dingos literally just dig under the fence.

australia's failed hadrian's wall in preparation for the great pest war to come. dingos literally just dig under the fence.
Put a 12 volt electric fence up. It will deter coyotes. Been there done that. It works

I have a toaster oven which works great, but 9/10 times, I just throw the slices in a skillet.

Crust will get as crisp as you like, non-stick cleans up in a flash, and it takes minimal more time than a microwave...especially considering product quality post heating. You might have to adjust times and temps depending on your pie style. Med and thick crusts will take longer, but that crisp then fluffy dough is better than fresh imo.

Anthony Falco, Roberta's head pizza maestro, recommends putting your slice in a non-stick skillet on medium-low for a couple minutes. Once the bottom is crisp, add a couple drops of water to the pan, turn the heat to low, and cover with a lid. In about a minute, you'll have fluffy crust and melted cheese.
p.png

I have a toaster oven which works great, but 9/10 times, I just throw the slices in a skillet.

Crust will get as crisp as you like, non-stick cleans up in a flash, and it takes minimal more time than a microwave...especially considering product quality post heating. You might have to adjust times and temps depending on your pie style. Med and thick crusts will take longer, but that crisp then fluffy dough is better than fresh imo.

p.png
Ain't nobody got time for that!

We are all here because we are Saints and football fans. I follow a few AFL/NFL groups on FB. Len Dawson recently
passed.

TIL his teammate E.J Holub is the only player to start two Super bowls at two different positions. He started SB 1 as
an OLB. He started SB 4 as the center.

p.png
You seriously need an air fryer

My toaster oven has that ability.

I do not need another countertop space hogging occasional use item.

But thanks for telling me what I need and assuming you know better.

you spelled 'tiny oven' wrong
Got pics of your toaster and oven that use forced air? Just because you guys enjoy doing it wrong doesn't make you right. The people that put down air fryers either don't own one or never learned to use it correctly.

Got pics of your toaster and oven that use forced air? Just because you guys enjoy doing it wrong doesn't make you right. The people that put down air fryers either don't own one or never learned to use it correctly.

convection ovens are a thing and some of the newer 'air fryers' are really just convection toaster ovens...:shrug:

also, i have an air fryer at home that we use pretty regularly....i just don't see it as the end all of kitchen appliances

also, i have an air fryer at home that we use pretty regularly....i just don't see it as the end all of kitchen appliances
Yeah...I don't think they're the end all either but do have a solid place in the kitchen. Ours is used way more than our microwave these days. Microwave is basically just for liquids these days. Everything else is reheated with the air fryer. We also use it for meals. They are basically a convection oven but in a much smaller package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom