TIL: Today I Learned... (7 Viewers)

TIL Trees communicate with each other and share resources as needed. They can give preference to their own acorn species, but will also share across species. There's even thought to be hub tree's which pass on wisdom.

<iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/509350471/509493674" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

i'd first heard this on Radilolab
From Tree to Shining Tree - Radiolab

it's seems mystical and magical at first - but then if you think of quantum entanglement and see that there's incredible inter-connectedness at very basic levels, it seems clear that interdependence is the way of the world; and it's our unsupported belief in autonomy and independence that makes inter-connectedness seem so mystical

I knew the first Capt Janeway was canned after a couple days, but didnt know about these other notables under consideration for the role.

Lynda Carter
Joanna Cassidy
Patty Duke
Erin Gray
Linda Hamilton
Kate Jackson
Tracy Scoggins
Helen Shaver
Lindsay Wagner.

That's like a list of "Who's Who" of women whose homes I'd like to break into to steal a pair of their worn panties. Unless that's too creepy. Then I'd just say that they are all hot. But if its not, then I think I do want the panty collection.

I'd pass on Kate Mulgrew's, though I can see why Lynda especially would be too much on the bridge.
BTW: I don't recall her being mentioned in the first crush thread, which I felt was a travesty at the time...

Spoken languages evolve over time. So if you're a grammar nazi, you may be the one who's wrong.

<iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/509022419/509037630" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

TIL that if we have free will we may have already exercised it all before we were conceived in our mothers' wombs.

BBC - Earth - Physics suggests that the future is already set in stone
It is said by some that we pick this life and we choose our parents knowing full well the triumphs and tragedies that will befall us. The last thing to happen before we leave the Spirit world for this one is that the Angel presses it's fingers to our lips to seal them (hence the indentation above our top lip) so that we may not speak of the Spirit world once we have entered the physical realm.

The Spirit world is the easy part, it's this physical world that's a ******-******

It is said by some that we pick this life and we choose our parents knowing full well the triumphs and tragedies that will befall us. The last thing to happen before we leave the Spirit world for this one is that the Angel presses it's fingers to our lips to seal them (hence the indentation above our top lip) so that we may not speak of the Spirit world once we have entered the physical realm.

The Spirit world is the easy part, it's this physical world that's a ******-******

True or not this is a wonderful thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIL that this thread has been going on since last October and I've never seen it before.

So, TIL all kinds of ****.

Thanks for noticing! I needed a break from all negativity, with the election, saints season and falcons in the SB I needed to walk away from all forums and social media as I found myself being very negative and seeing people I really respect having meltdowns and saying things out of anger and frustration that the would later regret. I've checked in from time to time but tried not to post. After reading Andrus on the political board and reading responses I see most of the people I respect on both sides have opened their eyes and realized we are all saints fans. Anyway good to be back. Hope you and the family are well.

First SB of my life I did not watch a play. Couldn't stomach it. I did watch the replay with a smile on my face the entire time!

Thanks for noticing! I needed a break from all negativity, with the election, saints season and falcons in the SB I needed to walk away from all forums and social media as I found myself being very negative and seeing people I really respect having meltdowns and saying things out of anger and frustration that the would later regret. I've checked in from time to time but tried not to post. After reading Andrus on the political board and reading responses I see most of the people I respect on both sides have opened their eyes and realized we are all saints fans. Anyway good to be back. Hope you and the family are well.

First SB of my life I did not watch a play. Couldn't stomach it. I did watch the replay with a smile on my face the entire time!

welcome back:9:

True or not this is a wonderful thought

I think it is too, as long as it's kept in perspective. There are those who would say of others who suffer "well you chose this path". That's how India at times rationalizes its caste system-- you're not to interfere with others working out their Karma.

Be kind to everyone. every person you meet is fighting some kind of battle :)

Typing "I'm feeling curious" in a google search will get you random trivia facts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom