TIL: Today I Learned... (5 Viewers)

TIL that there was once a theme park called "Canadian World" in Japan.

Anne of Green Gables: The most popular redhead in Japan - BBC News

Canadian World

CanadianWorld_Gate.jpg

The Cockney English accent comes from a part of London that is actually defined by the ringing of church bells. If you are within the sound of Bow Bells in London, you are in the Cockney region.

TIL after seeing someone else's TIL about the US Constitution being the only one still in use from the 18th century that only 11 Constitutions around the world are over 100 years old (and Mexico's only turned 100 in February). Only 40 are more than 50 years old.

I know we revere ours, and I'd be way too afraid in the current political climate to have modern politicians draw one up, but it's hard to imagine we get by with interpreting words older than 90% of the countries on the planet get by with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_constitutions can be sorted by date using the header.

Today I learned that there aren't enough random pictures on the Internet for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cops are reluctant to pull over tinted out cars with out of state plates. Tint laws vary between so many states that most wont bother.

Source: RI Trooper today as we were each getting our new rides tinted.

Looking back: I've never been pulled over due to tint in other states. I've also driven from RI to Nova Scotia and Niagara Falls. I'm careful not to drink and drive knowing I'm ridin dirty, yet still, have never been pulled over due to tint. They have every right according to RI law, tho...

so now I'm gonna get pulled over in 3...2...

Cops are reluctant to pull over tinted out cars with out of state plates. Tint laws vary between so many states that most wont bother.

Looking back: I've never been pulled over due to tint in other states. I've also driven from RI to Nova Scotia and Niagara Falls. I'm careful not to drink and drive knowing I'm ridin dirty, yet still, have never been pulled over due to tint. They have every right according to RI law, tho...

Buy a Prius, then drive however the hell you want. You won't get pulled over :hihi:

OK back to the topic, there are no swear words in any of the Native American languages. So in addition to introducing them to alcohol, guns, and smallpox, we taught the Native Peoples to cuss.

You can have standard tint, regulation tint, Louisiana approved tint, but if you have Zulu-king on your license plate, I give a damn what tint you have...you are getting pulled over in Louisiana on over and up to North Carolina.

Believe it

Today I learned that Michael Keaton of Batman and Beetle juice fame is really Michael Douglass.

He had to change his stage name to avoid confusion with the other Michael Douglass, son of Kirk Douglass.

TIL that USA is really just the NCIS and Law and Order SVU network but they also have wrestling on two nights a week.

Today I learned that 20 packs of boudin I bought last month is actually andouille and I'm out of boudin.

Not sure whether I'm happy or sad, but no boudin for breakfast.:jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom