TIL: Today I Learned... (4 Viewers)

It was the first time I had run across the story of Aaron Swartz, who was arrested and consequently accrued from 3 to eventually 11 felony charges for downloading and attempting to distribute scientific articles from JSTOR for the general public at MIT..he eventually committed suicide..definitely worth the 1 hr 45 min video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYepn6QDaTI

You can have standard tint, regulation tint, Louisiana approved tint, but if you have Zulu-king on your license plate, I give a damn what tint you have...you are getting pulled over in Louisiana on over and up to North Carolina.

Believe it

ITT, I learned that cops throughout the Southeast hate all mardi gras krewes. And all this time I thought it was nust Bacchus that Carolina troops are out to get.

In July 1975, Erskine Lawrence Ebbin was knocked off his moped and killed by a taxi in Hamilton, Bermuda. It was the same taxi with the same driver, carrying the same passenger, that had killed his brother Neville in July the previous year. Both brothers were 17 when they died, and had been riding the same moped in the same street.

50 weird years | The Independent

Golf balls that don't have dimples would only go about half as far as golf balls that do have dimples. It's an aerodynamic thing. Also, most golf balls have an average of between about 330 to 500 dimples per ball. 336 dimples used to be the average number of dimples but technology has changed that. Also, not all dimples are the same size or depth anymore.

my mother died from crashing her car into a tree three years ago---despite the fact i found her in a chair at the retirement village in january.

well, that's what the coroner's report stated after a six month wait.

she also changed her name to raul jiminez sometime before the accident.

In 1944 conscientious objectors went on a starvation diet for 1 year to help us learn how to bring people back from the brink of starvation. Recently it was restudied and we learned that the Scarcity Trap may explain why some poor people make bad decisions which dig them further into problems.

<iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/520136937/520885775" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

TIL: Not all comic books are graphic novels but all graphic novels are comic books.

my mother died from crashing her car into a tree three years ago---despite the fact i found her in a chair at the retirement village in january.

well, that's what the coroner's report stated after a six month wait.

she also changed her name to raul jiminez sometime before the accident.

imma go out on a limb and say there's probably more to this story

John Wayne's real name is Marion Morrison.

And he was kind of a racist, and thought you should be able to black list people out of Hollywood. Sounded like a jerk. But I like his movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom