TIL: Today I Learned... (5 Viewers)

What a great marketing idea! :scratch:
Someone should sell loaves of unsliced bread called 'Betty White'!
I can see the grocery shelves stocked with Betty White White & Betty White Wheat .
:idee-puis-non:
Betty White and Wheat Barry White bread?

TIL

New Orleans' congressman Cedric Richmond is a congressional softball legend.

rakich-CONGRESSIONALBASEBALL-0626.png

Also, Anthony Gonzalez (WR on the Colts we beat in the Super Bowl) is in congress.

Today I learned you NEVER answer an already angry police officer with a:

"What the fork ever, dude."

TIL that the decks of the Yamato battleship class were made out of Japanese cypress which has a light pink coloring to it. Most powerful battleships ever built with pink decks.

TIL that the decks of the Yamato battleship class were made out of Japanese cypress which has a light pink coloring to it. Most powerful battleships ever built with pink decks.
Yup, most ships had a teak deck over the armor because armor is slippery when wet :hihi:

I'm avoiding work so I googled "strange facts".

It's got some really cool stuff.

But the most important thing I learned from it?

23. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

Damn it!

Guess I'll stick to snorting it.

Last edited:
I'm avoiding work so I googled "strange facts".

It's got some really cool stuff.

But the most important thing I learned from it?

23. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

Damn it!

Guess I'll stick to snorting it.

I need a job so I can avoid work too.

Not to get too deep, but TIL that there is another Revelations written by Peter, in which among other things, God tells him that eventually God will even bring everyone sent to hell into heaven, but God also tells Peter not to tell anyone that, because he thought it would make the sinners sin even more. This writing has been excluded from the bible and is one of many books that were arbitrarily left out. I started on a rabbit hole read of the Council of Nicea, which lead me into a lot of areas.

Not to get too deep, but TIL that there is another Revelations written by Peter, in which among other things, God tells him that eventually God will even bring everyone sent to hell into heaven, but God also tells Peter not to tell anyone that, because he thought it would make the sinners sin even more. This writing has been excluded from the bible and is one of many books that were arbitrarily left out. I started on a rabbit hole read of the Council of Nicea, which lead me into a lot of areas.
Council of Nicea is a bottomless rabbit hole

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom