TIL: Today I Learned... (18 Viewers)

TIL ok... yesterday... that ytterbium is an element. Yb. I thought a coworker made a typo for another element.

TIL (well, during the VP sweepstakes) that Delaware is the only state with no commercial flights. (Frontier has had service in the past, and is/was to resume in 2020).

Microsoft decided to sunset Skype starting January 2021 and replace with Microsoft Teams, which IMO, leaves a lot to be desired for.....it sucks.
yeah they started informing customers last year or 2018. i've consulted on a few migrations. basically skype, notes, and zoom all in one, but a birch to navigate. not a fan.

Microsoft decided to sunset Skype starting January 2021 and replace with Microsoft Teams, which IMO, leaves a lot to be desired for.....it sucks.
Teams is awful, and so is Outlook. Both are clunky, slow, and thoroughly unintuitive just like my employer who uses both :hihi:

The more I use Teams, the more I like it. Honestly, IMO, its better than Skype, for what we use it or anyway.

I feel the same. It's like if Lotus Sametime grew up and included Sharepoint storage.

The more I use Teams, the more I like it. Honestly, IMO, its better than Skype, for what we use it or anyway.
I figured the more you would use it, the more it would grow. The thing I hate the most is that we live off of the messaging at my organization and those messages live with you w/Teams, for some odd reason Microsoft decided you cannot delete, rather you can archive, though when I archive they reappear weeks later. My organization uses Skype/Teams for in-house screen sharing and Citrix WebEx for client conference calls or screen sharing. I was told we are moving away from Teams at the start of the new year and will be going with something else, I have no idea what that could be because we were warned if a client is using Zoom, that Zoom is not HIPAA compliant, so I am sure it will be something I don't like :).

We are still using Skype, but the sharing desktop feature is terrible. We can stay connected for more than a fewseconds before it loses connection. Really hurts me because my coworker wants to train me how to create a new entry and the best way to do that is to show me through the sharing of screens.

This is why I hate teleworking. If I'm encountering a problem or issue, I can't just walk to my coworker's station to trade feedback, and doing it through Skype hasn't worked very well for the most part.

Wal mart does as well.

Is that, like, common knowledge? I’m wondering if I’m the last person to find out about big box/warehouse stores carrying caskets.. Seems morbid to me, though i do realize that death is a fact of life, and heck, i guess if i were to bite the dust, i wouldnt want my family to get price-gouged on a pine box for me... Fortunately I haven’t had the occasion to go casket shopping (knock wood) for any family members, but noice to know there are discounts to be had!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom