TIL: Today I Learned... (1 Viewer)

TIL...

Apparently things that occur or decisions made "at the end of the day" seem to have much more significance than events occurring during the beginning of the day, or other parts of the day, in general (other than the end of the day). Why is that?

But the implication is that one must consider the options and make a decision or deal with the consequences of a scenario based on " the end of the day".

If my A/C conks out at 2:00 am, should I have to wait until the end of the day to decide whether to repair it or replace it? Is my decision less important or insightful if I choose to make it at 9:30am? This whole premise seems highly inefficient.

Is that, like, common knowledge? I’m wondering if I’m the last person to find out about big box/warehouse stores carrying caskets.. Seems morbid to me, though i do realize that death is a fact of life, and heck, i guess if i were to bite the dust, i wouldnt want my family to get price-gouged on a pine box for me... Fortunately I haven’t had the occasion to go casket shopping (knock wood) for any family members, but noice to know there are discounts to be had!
Unless they changed the laws, it doesn't matter. You cannot buy a casket in La except from a funeral home last I checked. There was some discussion about it being a way to squash an order of Monks who were building and selling them under cutting the funeral homes.

Unless they changed the laws, it doesn't matter. You cannot buy a casket in La except from a funeral home last I checked. There was some discussion about it being a way to squash an order of Monks who were building and selling them under cutting the funeral homes.
Well that's horse caca!

TIL (well, during the VP sweepstakes) that Delaware is the only state with no commercial flights. (Frontier has had service in the past, and is/was to resume in 2020).

United used to have all of two puddle jumper flights in and out of the commercial airport in Wilmington a couple of years ago.

Problem is that the Philly airport is probably easier to get to from downtown Wilmington.....

TIL.. or rather figured out last week...

That this guy

obi-wan-kenobi.jpg

and this guy

44-the-bridge-on-the-river-kwai-1267127091.jpg

Are the same...

I can;t believe that after all these years that I never made the connection.. It took a post on SR.com for that to happen...

Living under a rock I guess.

One of those movies is a lot better than the other one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom