TIL: Today I Learned... (4 Viewers)

TIL: Japan and russia still, to this day, have not signed a peace treaty from WWII.
The Russians did not declare war on Japan until something like 3 days before Hiroshima.

Italy and Japan both fought with the Allies in WWI, which led to Italian reluctance to fight against the Allies in WWII. Italy held down a 450,000 man Austro-Hungarian army on its northern border which prevented them from joining the Germans on the western front.

The Russians did not declare war on Japan until something like 3 days before Hiroshima.

Italy and Japan both fought with the Allies in WWI, which led to Italian reluctance to fight against the Allies in WWII. Italy held down a 450,000 man Austro-Hungarian army on its northern border which prevented them from joining the Germans on the western front.
Another tidbit…Germany formally declared war on only one country in WWII, the US.

Another tidbit…Germany formally declared war on only one country in WWII, the US.
Interestingly enough, if i recall correctly, they did that because of the agreement they had with other Axis countries where the US formally declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor, and Germany/Italy essentially had to declare war on the US in response.

Interestingly enough, if i recall correctly, they did that because of the agreement they had with other Axis countries where the US formally declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor, and Germany/Italy essentially had to declare war on the US in response.
Which means that all other wars; Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan/Iraq, have no source of funding since the US cannot issue war bonds or raise taxes unless war is declared. As a result, our legislators robbed Peter (us) to pay Paul (The military industrial complex)

TIL Saints guard Wyatt Davis is the son of Duane Davis who played the role of ill fated LB Alvin Mack in the
1993 movie The program. He is also the grandson of NFL hall of famer Willie Davis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom