Tim Hightower!!!! [OLD THREAD BUMPED] (1 Viewer)

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I have DeMarco Murray, LeVeon Bell, Eddie Lacy, and Arian Foster. Lacy goes on IR, Foster retired, Bell is on bye, so I picked up Hightower and took a chance. I look like a smart guy right about now,

I will be honest and say that I'm not much of a Hightower fan, but the guy showed up and balled out today. He had quite a few 2 and 3 yard runs but I don't care, those were hard fought yards and kept us in control for quarters 2, 3 and 4.

Now just think about Fournette running the ball. Man our offense would be absolutely unstoppable. Our OLine is only going timing rove over the next few years as well as our skill position players becoming even bigger threats. You put a RB like Fournette with his ability back there along with the guessing game if we are going to pass or run the ball will give defensive coordinators nightmares. I really think Fournette would have an impact on our defense as big as just about any 1st round pick. Do what it takes to draft Fournette and spend the rest of the draft and FA addressing the defense while grabbing an OG in there somewhere. We would instantly be serious SB contenders with Fournette and the addition of 1 stud pass rusher in FA.

Now just think about Fournette running the ball. Man our offense would be absolutely unstoppable. Our OLine is only going timing rove over the next few years as well as our skill position players becoming even bigger threats. You put a RB like Fournette with his ability back there along with the guessing game if we are going to pass or run the ball will give defensive coordinators nightmares. I really think Fournette would have an impact on our defense as big as just about any 1st round pick. Do what it takes to draft Fournette and spend the rest of the draft and FA addressing the defense while grabbing an OG in there somewhere. We would instantly be serious SB contenders with Fournette and the addition of 1 stud pass rusher in FA.

As good as that sounds, the amount we'd have to give up for him is almost inconceivable for us.

We have proven more than once that we do not "need" a first round type RB to run SP's offense effectively. With that being said, we could easily let Ingram walk and not miss beat.

Ingram has poor vision also. He doesn't see the holes or even what is directly in front of him. How the hell did he run into Striefs back with no one forcing him there. Incredible.

To be fair, the speed at which Strief was getting pushed back didn't help. That was just great defensive leverage, we don't have to nitpick everything with Ingram--he'll be riding the pine, be satisfied with that.

With our first round draft history of running backs, Fournette should be out of the question

Ingram will be fine. He just needs to make up his mind that he can't rip off a big run on every carry. He needs to recognize the end of the run, protect the ball, and fall forward for an extra yard or 2. It's safer for him and the ball, and nets a little more YPC.

Tim Hightower!!!!

Ingram does not have the burst to be an NFL starting back. This is coming from a Bama fan who wanted the saints to pick him with our first pick that year. He's just not shifty or quick. He played behind one of the best lines in the history of college football. Hightower is a much better NFL player.

Just because our offense has been great without a RB like Fournette doesn't mean he isn't a perfect fit here. He makes us that much better offensively and better at a lot of things are great offensives have been inconsistent at and flat out bad at times. Clock management with the run game has been almost non existent here with the clock management coming from Brees throwing the ball. Fournette instantly changes this area keeping our defense rested and off the field. Being able to get the short yardage is the next thing. Fournette instantly changes our short yardage game having a powerback with speed like him not allowing defenses to crash the middle which they constantly do and shuts us down. Last is our RB showing our hand. Defenses will actually have to worry about the pass and run evenly. Defenses love when Cadet is in the game because they can pin the ears back and play the pad. That would all change. Also the field would open up with Brees finally having an elite threat as explosive as any RB in the NFL. Brees would pick defenses apart when they are keeping their safeties close to the line only making us even more dangerous with the big plays.

The impact a RB like Fournette would have is something we have never seen here. Sure we have been great with our him but he only makes us better. While he improves our weaknesses he makes our strength that much stronger. If we have a bad year it will not cost much if we have to move up a few spots to grab him. A RB like him is worth it especially in our offense having a franchise QB.

Hightower also runs harder, gets positive yardage, hits his holes, makes better adjustments when the hole closes, faster on the edge....he's just the all around better back. Sit Ingraham all year for all I care.

His vision is way better too. I can't even count how many times Ingram missed the wide open lane only to run into the backs of the lineman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom