Tim Hightower!!!! [OLD THREAD BUMPED] (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I have been an Ingram supporater but his fumble today was the last straw for me...You just can't put the ball on the ground 2 weeks in a row. And the funny part about it is I'm positive ball security was preached all week. You can tell because Brees didn't force anything nor did he test the seams risking an INT...props to Payton for pulling Ingram, inserting and STICKING with Hightower. No way the Saints win without Hightower's effort. Those "bloody runs" really made a difference if you ask me because it set up his big run late in the game.

You must hold on to the football.

When Ingram was out last year and Hightower took his place, the Saints were a more balanced offense. Today, after Ingram was benched for fumbling, Hightower came in and the offense looked balanced again.

Hightower also runs harder, gets positive yardage, hits his holes, makes better adjustments when the hole closes, faster on the edge....he's just the all around better back. Sit Ingraham all year for all I care.

I thought Hightower more than acquitted himself at the latter half of last year.

I like him a lot. He is just a football player, plain and simple. Put the intangibles of this guy with Ingram's talent, you would have a great running back.

Hightower also runs harder, gets positive yardage, hits his holes, makes better adjustments when the hole closes, faster on the edge....he's just the all around better back. Sit Ingraham all year for all I care.
As long as he improves his pass protection it is his job to lose. If he whiffs a block and Brees gets leveled we will see what happens. I think he looked good and his blocking was good too.

It's possible Ingram has peeked he is a solid back but lacks a certain quickness and suddenness that Hightower (though not a speed remind himself) and Lasco for that matter display as they both are able to turn the corner and hit the holes a little faster.

Look how quickly and fluidly Hightower kicks it to the outside. It keeps the defender guessing. Ingram doesn't have that. Never has, never will. This is not me trying to hate on Ingram, I just think Hightower is better suited for this offense.

Look how quickly and fluidly Hightower kicks it to the outside. It keeps the defender guessing. Ingram doesn't have that. Never has, never will. This is not me trying to hate on Ingram, I just think Hightower is better suited for this offense.
Well I'm one of those haters & I hope this is the nail in the coffin for him here! The Ingram experience has been over for a very long time.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Seems obvious Hightower is the better back for this offense. He keeps the offense on time too. Second and 6 and third and 3 is a heck of a lot better than second and 8 and third and seven.

Hightower is a 4 down, 30 carry back. When he's in, the defense has no idea if he will run, catch, or block. If he carried 26 times against an average defense today he racks up 150.

I've loved Ingram since saints drafted him. But he needs to ride the bench a little while.

This is exactly how I feel. I love Ingram but he needs to sit a while. In the past, riding the pine was motivation for Ingram. Ingram will still be needed and will get an opportunity to redeem himself this season.

Ingram has poor vision also. He doesn't see the holes or even what is directly in front of him. How the hell did he run into Striefs back with no one forcing him there. Incredible.

When was the last time we had a 100 yard rusher in a game? I don't think it's been that long but I just don't remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom