Tim Ryan's story on having a great MLB. (1 Viewer)

There is a difference between a standardized test like the wonderlick, and being able to break down a teams tendencies and remember which plays they run at which down and distances our of which formations. This takes dedication and passion and hours of study. The Wonderlick takes none of this. It is just a measure of how your brain operates. I scored very high on SAT and ACT and went to LSU on academic sholarship, but my priorities and passions were between my legs, not my ears. Wonderlick shows what you are born with, not what you work for. Comparing Vilma and Simeneauo is like apples and oranges. Bad comparison.

Yeah, but Simoneau reportedly is not only a very bright guy, but pretty football smart too. Film study, breaking down tendencies and all of the other things you brought up seem to apply to Simoneau. He is just not as talented as a guy like Vilma, thus the difference in production.

I remember awhile back there was a thread about some NFL show reporting the Simoneau could probably make it into coaching when his playing days are over.

If healthy we will have 3 coaches at the linebacker spot. I mentioned in another thread that all 3 Morgan, Fujita and Vilma all called the plays for thier respective teams. If healthy there should be no blown assignments out of the front 7. Also, I think we can all see a trend with Payton. He will take the smart player everytime over the athelete. I guarantee he picked this up from Pacells. Pacells does the same thing. He will not let dummy's play for them. I love it and thinks this a great atrribute for a coach.

Good Thread. I rated it five starts.. Vilma will be more then just a physical presence in the middle of the defense. He will change the entire dynamic.

I'm pumped!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom