Tim Tebow taken to Hospital... (1 Viewer)

I hate seeing occurences like that happen......to anyone. Frightening.
I wish Tebow well in his recovery.

At this point it seems doubtful he will play in the LSU game. How much of a difference do you guys think this is going to make for LSU?

At this point it seems doubtful he will play in the LSU game. How much of a difference do you guys think this is going to make for LSU?

It's going to be a HUGE difference for LSU and a huge advantage. UF's system is geared towards Tebow and his unique skillset. Their backup QB is a hell of a QB, but he's a pro-style QB and does not fit in the Tebow mold. Can UF totally revamp their offense in two weeks? I don't know, we'll see. He's probably the 5th best QB in the SEC right now, so dude has major talent. Unfortunately he doesn't fit well within that system.

Tim Tebow was their power running back, their leader, their QB. he was the heart and soul of that team.

LSUs secondary has been playing pretty darn well, but our dline has been swiss cheese. Tebow would have ran right through us, but our secondary would have stopped most of the deep stuff probably. The back-up QB will now have to air it out against the strength of our defense, and UF doesn't have a running back like Tebow to be able to manhandle our dline.

And I haven't been too impressed with UF's receivers. Percy Harvin is gone and their WR they recruited to replace him is lost for the year in Debose.

If Tebow can't play, LSU suddenly has a chance to win this game... (And I do mean just a chance, cause we are playing like crap.)

You just can't lose your heisman, two national championship winning QB and not be massively affected. Tebow was the heart and soul of that team, and it was just ripped out of their chests. Huge huge huge huge loss for Florida, and has nothing to do with their backup QB, cause their backup QB is just a stud.

If LSU plays like the team they have been through the first four games then it does not matter if they have a quarterback that throws like Jarret Lee did last season, however if LSU finally executes and the coaches call a good game we could easily leave with a win. Of course I feel like LSU could give Florida with Tebow a tough game to handle if the whole team (specifically the lines and QB) get their act together.

I am curious, did you read somewhere he was doubtful or is this an assumption?

Return to play guidelines following concussions tend to vary. Some say if its your first concussion and symptoms resolve within the week, you sit out one week. If he actually had some findings on his CT scan, it would be different.

So my guess is that Florida's medical staff will follow him. If he is clear headed and without symptoms by the end of this week, they could play him against LSU. They might choose to be extra cautious because of the huge media circus that will surround the decision.

Based upon what I have read, I would not be surprised to see him play at LSU. The smart thing to do would be to err on the side of safety and sit him out.

Last edited:
Based upon what I have read, I would not be surprised to see him play at LSU. The smart thing to do would be to err on the side of safety and sit him out.

I assumed he may sit out bk. of previous things I had read indicating the possibile seriousness of the concussion. I would HOPE, as a precaution, they would, as you said, do the smart thing, and sit him out.

Currently, according to one poll, most do believe Tebow will play in the LSU game.

http://www.wpbf.com/sports/21132973/detail.html

I assumed he may sit out bk. of previous things I had read indicating the possibile seriousness of the concussion. I would HOPE, as a precaution, they would, as you said, do the smart thing, and sit him out.

Currently, according to one poll, most do believe Tebow will play in the LSU game.

http://www.wpbf.com/sports/21132973/detail.html

If I had to vote as to my guess whther he will play or not based on my experience as to how college teams handle this, I would guess he plays. There are guidlines that would allow return to play after sitting out a week.

Given how serious his concussion looked to me from the vomiting and all, the wise thing to do would be to sit him. I say that not so much as an LSU fan who doesnt want him to play against lsu but as a father who had a son return to play as a high school qb after his concussions.

At the time you think of all kind of reasons and look for all sorts of medical opinions to let them play. Looking back you wonder what the hell you were thinking. Its just a football game and any even slight chance of getting a serious injury by returning too soon should be avoided.

I hope he doesn;t have any permanent trouble, and that the Florida coaches make the right decision.

You have to wonder though about Meyer - I mean Tebow was playing with a respiratory illness with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter up by 24 on Kentucky when he got hit.

You know it the concussion was as serious as it looked I would think Tebow would sit out at least two weeks, but then again this is football and you never know. Back in HS my team had three "out cold" then speaking gibberish concussions my senior year and all three of us (yes I was one of them) only missed one week then we were back in practice... for me it would have probably been less than one week if the athletic trainer had not threatened the Head coach with castration if he so much as let me jog during practice.

As horrible as it sounds LSU may stand a better chance against a tentative Tebow that has barley practices for two weeks than an accurate passer in John Brantley who will be practicing for nothing but beating LSU for two weeks.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Tim Tebow could be back in the huddle in time for Florida's biggest game of the season.

Coach Urban Meyer said Monday that his star quarterback was feeling better and eating well two days after sustaining a concussion at Kentucky. Although Tebow still has "a little bit of a headache," Meyer hopes he will be able to play when the top-ranked Gators (4-0) return to the field Oct. 10 at LSU.
"I think so, but I don't know that," Meyer said.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was put through a battery of tests Monday and was scheduled for more Tuesday, Meyer said. Meyer said he did not know what grade concussion Tebow has.

"Tim's doing good," Meyer said. "All the tests are coming back positive and I'm going to leave it up to the medical staff to update you guys because I don't want to give you information I don't know. But he's doing good. I talk to him all the time. Feeling better."

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10132556/Florida-coach-thinks-Tebow-will-be-ready-for-LSU

This is pretty much what I figured. Even if he is still having headaches, tebow will likely under report his symptoms so he can play and the Florida staff wont question that.

I am not knocking Florida, thats how it happens everywhere. The players want to play and the teams will let them. A really good neurologist who specializes in head injuries and wasnt hired by the team would hold him out. It was obviously a very significant concussion that had him throwing up and hospitalized.

If its a close call, they usually let the player play. It should be the opposite, that is, err by giving the injured brain more rest to avoid the very real and dangerous second impact syndrome.

Last edited:
He will be back for the LSU game. Bank on it. Another good lick like that right away might kill him though. Or at least rattle some headaches into his head that wont go away for several years.

If they let him play it will likely be better for the Tigers than if the other guy gets the nod. I just can't see Tebow carrying the ball the way he normally does after a concussion. He ran a lot in the first half in his last trip to BR and hardly at all in the second half even though it was effective. I suspect that it was because he was taking a beating.

I just don't see Tebow being nearly as effective if he is not running the ball on a regular basis. This is compounded by the apparent lack of playmakers at receiver for the gators.

I bet money he plays. Remember - Meyer had him in late in the 3rd quarter in a blowout win all while the player had an infection/flu.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom