Tim Tebow taken to Hospital... (1 Viewer)

He was out for a good bit after his head hit the lineman's knee. You can see his arms just stiffen up. I've seen that numerous times watching UFC. He was knocked out cold, and I'm sure he had a major concussion. They can say what they want to about his respiratory infection, but he didn't vomit all game until that hit. I guarantee he has a concussion.

That's the first thing I said too. He looked like Bisbing after getting knocked the F out. He had to be out cold for his arms to stiffin up like that.

From what I saw on television, he had the most severe type of concussion: 3b (prolonged loss of consciousness).

He will be cleared to play in 2 weeks ONLY IF he has a normal neurological exam and no symptoms of post-concussion syndrome at all when at rest or during exertion. Based on what I saw on television, I'm afraid that Tebow will be having some bad headaches, dizziness, and some cognitive issues for at least a couple of weeks. I seriously doubt that he is going to be cleared to play in 2 weeks.

Guys, I googled respiratory infection and the symptoms don't include vomiting. I mean, how can an infection of your respiratory system cause vomiting anyways? It's more of a cold than a flu. I'm not a doctor, so I could be wrong. But here's what wickipedia said. And before the game, they went out of their way to say he didn't have the flu, he had the respiratory infection. I'd bet money he was throwing up due to a concussion. Do we have any primary care physicians on here? I know for a fact though that brain injuries cause vomiting as I received a bruised brain and amnesia after taking a blow to the head. I was vomiting for the next day and had to be put on an IV as a result. I was also severely hallucinating for the next 24 hours, but Tebow fortunately didn't have that strong of a hit. The doctors told me that even a small impact to my head for a long time (I think it was up to a year) could instantly kill me as your brain is more susceptible to injury after receiving the initial concussion. Given the fact that Tebow wasn't carted to the hospital in a stretcher shows me it wasn't anywhere near that severe, but he definitely got rocked really hard and I pray Florida is responsible and doesn't rush him back too soon. Can you imagine the political fallout if they bring Tebow back in too soon and he ends up dying or is paralyzed? College football's golden boy? Even the beloved Meyer would be hung from the trees, burned at the stake, brought back to life and fed to baby gators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_respiratory_tract_infection

Acute upper respiratory tract infections include rhino-sinusitis (Common cold), sinusitis, pharyngitis/tonsillitis,ear infection, laryngitis and sometimes bronchitis. Symptoms of URTI's commonly include cough, sore throat, runny nose, blocked nose, phlegm, headache, fever, facial pressure and sneezing.

:covermyeyes:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwp43T-kf9Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwp43T-kf9Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm totally speculating here, but could it be that maybe that the reaction he got after being creamed by that Kentucky DE was made worse because he probably had the flu? Many College and Pro football players usually start games even they have a 102 degree temperature or tonsillitis, or sore muscles in their legs and backs. As a former HS player, I can tell you that getting on a football field with the flu makes your job probably 2-3 times harder because of lack of concentration, fatigue sets in quicker, and you're always being monitored for dehydration. Bo Jackson played some games when he was here at Auburn that I personally wonder how he didn't pass out before halftime he was so out of it. Stomach flu, terrible sinuses, crack ribs, and once he got a serious concussion when he tackled against Texas A@M on their rock-hard artificial turf. I've seen many careers destroyed by that monstrosity that it boggles my mind to why it was ever invented to begin with.

Not trying downplaying what happened here, but anytime a player gets hit that hard when he should not be on the football field and in bed back home, it feels much worse. All former football players at any level can identify with this, you take a sizable risk starting a game already sick. God help you if ever get a serious injury like Tebow may have tonight, it's unbearable to say the least and pain I wouldn't on anyone, not to my worst enemy either.

Last edited:
Greatness, if you think it feels bad to a relatively healthy player, God help the poor souls who may be sick as a dog with a stomach virus and puking their guts out off the field after drives and even during the drives on occasion. I mean Donovan Mcnabb was sick to his stomach when the Eagles played the Patriots in Jacksonville in the SB about 5 years ago. IYRC, that was a close game most of the way, but it's hard leading your team to a SB win when you barely stand up straight calling plays. TO even said that in the 2nd half Mcnabb could barely catch his breath after just throwing a few short passes.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Guys, I googled respiratory infection and the symptoms don't include vomiting. I mean, how can an infection of your respiratory system cause vomiting anyways? It's more of a cold than a flu. I'm not a doctor, so I could be wrong. But here's what wickipedia said. And before the game, they went out of their way to say he didn't have the flu, he had the respiratory infection. I'd bet money he was throwing up due to a concussion. Do we have any primary care physicians on here? I know for a fact though that brain injuries cause vomiting as I received a bruised brain and amnesia after taking a blow to the head. I was vomiting for the next day and had to be put on an IV as a result. I was also severely hallucinating for the next 24 hours, but Tebow fortunately didn't have that strong of a hit. The doctors told me that even a small impact to my head for a long time (I think it was up to a year) could instantly kill me as your brain is more susceptible to injury after receiving the initial concussion. Given the fact that Tebow wasn't carted to the hospital in a stretcher shows me it wasn't anywhere near that severe, but he definitely got rocked really hard and I pray Florida is responsible and doesn't rush him back too soon. Can you imagine the political fallout if they bring Tebow back in too soon and he ends up dying or is paralyzed? College football's golden boy? Even the beloved Meyer would be hung from the trees, burned at the stake, brought back to life and fed to baby gators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_respiratory_tract_infection

Acute upper respiratory tract infections include rhino-sinusitis (Common cold), sinusitis, pharyngitis/tonsillitis,ear infection, laryngitis and sometimes bronchitis. Symptoms of URTI's commonly include cough, sore throat, runny nose, blocked nose, phlegm, headache, fever, facial pressure and sneezing.

ESPN did a great job showing footage of most of Florida's team throwing up before the game even started during warmups...:smileypuker:

Also, the hit wasnt what affected Tebow, it was his neck and head snapping forward when his head bounced off his linemans knee. I've seen Tebow get crushed much harder then Wyndham hit him and bounce right back up. If you watch the way his head and neck snap when he hits his linemans knee, you instantly realize the hit was nothing.

ESPN did a great job showing footage of most of Florida's team throwing up before the game even started during warmups...:smileypuker:

Also, the hit wasnt what affected Tebow, it was his neck and head snapping forward when his head bounced off his linemans knee. I've seen Tebow get crushed much harder then Wyndham hit him and bounce right back up. If you watch the way his head and neck snap when he hits his linemans knee, you instantly realize the hit was nothing.

before the game, they announcers made it clear Tebow didn't have the flu that the rest of the team had. they wanted to keep those guys who flew on the plane separate too to prevent cross-contamination as much as possible. must be nice to have that many airplanes, huh?

and getting hit by a lineman or hitting your head on someone's knee, both are still hits. The brain is in a bowl (skull) just sloshing around and when you get hit like that, your brain will smash against the skull and become bruised (concussion.)

Meyer said in a statement. "His CT scans came back and indicated that Tim suffered a concussion."

"He started vomiting -- a common symptom of concussions -- and was carted off the field."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4508494

"Tebow was one of several Gators who took a separate plane to Lexington because of respiratory and congestion issues, leading to speculation he wouldn't play.

If Tebow wasn't feeling well, it didn't show. He walked off the field following pregame warmups trading head slaps with teammate Brandon Spikes and nearly sprinted into the huddle on Florida's first possession."

I hope you're happy Mr.Taylor Wyndham, because you just earned yourself a first class ticket to hell. No one gets the better of Jesus Tebow. NOBODY!!!

"Tim is doing fine this morning," Meyer said in a statement. "His CT scans came back and indicated that Tim suffered a concussion.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ihYmYD-0e6wqm7Xpz-uqV0ALteGwD9AVOGCG0

I find that quote to be curious. After most concussions a CT scan is negative. The CT scan dosent so much confirm a concussion as it does rule out a more serious subdural or epidural hematoma.

We know Tebow suffered a concussion. I wonder if what Meyer is trying to say is that the CT scan was negative confirming that it was only a concussion. If there were any indications of injury on the CT scan at all, that would be indicative of a more serious injury than a common concussion. The CT scan in and of itself cannot image a concussion, but rather would show bleeds and other obvious abnormalities.

We know Tebow suffered a concussion. I wonder if what Meyer is trying to say is that the CT scan was negative confirming that it was only a concussion.

I think that this was what he was trying to say. It was almost a given that he had a concussion but they wanted to make sure he didn't have anything nastier, like swelling or hemorrhaging.

I am so sick of hearing about the hit. He got hit in the back of the head on his lineman's knee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom