Time for a draft? What say you? (1 Viewer)

The problem with this war hasn't been that they couldn't muster up a big enough fighting force to win. A draft wouldn't change the fact that the civilian military leadership is incompetent from the top down.

There isn't going to be a draft anyway, the draft talk is not legitimate. I wonder what the draft vote would be in Congress? Not close at all.
This vote was taken before the election, but I believe even Rangel voted against the bill:

House overwhelmingly stomps out bill that would've reinstated draft

WASHINGTON — Moving to dismiss politically troublesome rumors that the war in Iraq could revive a military draft, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly defeated a bill Tuesday that would have restored mandatory service.

The bill, introduced by Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., had little support and no chance of passing. The Republican-controlled House held the vote to make sure it was defeated during a close presidential race in which talk of a draft has run rampant. The vote was 402-2.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-10-05-draft_x.htm

Whats his motivation this time if he waits until AFTER the elections to throw this out again? With all the troop withdrawal talks why is this even being brought up by Rangel?

We could always just stop trying to fight everyone...that might put less of a strain on the military :dunno:

Not sure I'd go to Canada..I've always wanted to spend some time in Ireland though, maybe New Zealand.

A draft won't happen. Most people would say screw it and wouldn't report. Let's see if they have the manpower to find everyone. What are they going to do throw everyone in jail? They don't have the jail space to do that.

Empty the jails of all the illegal aliens, then we might have room for them. Wait, we could just staff our forces with illegals. Oh, wait, we already are.

You can add people my age too, I don't care, you wouldn't catch me running away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom