Time For Dennis Allen To Rebuild Our Defense....Again! (1 Viewer)

I have my misgivings about DA as a head coach, but I have COMPLETE trust in him when it comes to defense. We will be fine.
Right, this is the beginning of the DA era. If he ends up being a great coach like SP, he'll have to earn it, and it starts now that he's got "his team" Will he be a great coach? I think the evidence suggests that he will, based off of the company he's been surrounded around. Off the top of my head, all of these coaches have at one time have gone on to better jobs and were highly coveted by other teams : Doug Marone, Kris Richard, Ryan Neilsen, Dan Campbell, Doug Pederson, Curtis Johnson, Darren Rizzi I'm sure there's more. So, what are the odds that out of all of those coaches, that DA is the one oddball terrible coach ? (you have to consider he was already coveted at one time by the Raiders)

I'd say Davenport is a 1st round talent, but he has other things going on that's affecting his play on the field. I hope kid can get it together because I think he can be a game changer once he gets it all figured out.

But rebuilding the D...I have faith in Ireland that he can get it done again. Perceived slight against DA fully intended.

The interior of our d-line was borderline pathetic last year. Glad we can get the chance to remake it.

After his PED suspension Onyemata was just a name. A 31 year old name. That's not the kind of player the Saints should be spending their cap dollars on.

Tuttle's new contract was rather shocking. Good for him but glad it's the Panthers way overpaying instead of us.

Overpaying mediocre talent isn't smart.

The interior of our d-line was borderline pathetic last year. Glad we can get the chance to remake it.

After his PED suspension Onyemata was just a name. A 31 year old name. That's not the kind of player the Saints should be spending their cap dollars on.

Tuttle's new contract was rather shocking. Good for him but glad it's the Panthers way overpaying instead of us.

I agree with you but think these contracts are going to be the new normal. Sadly.

Other than the loss of two starting DT's its not that grim on defense. Carl Granderson and Payton Turner will compete for weakside DE. Jordan and Kpassagnon on the strongside. Since the Saints use two lbs mostly, they have their starters returning. The DB starters are all returning. The Saints can probably find a mid range DT in FA and then draft another or two. The offense actually looks pretty solid now. What they will also need is some back ups on both sides of the ball.

An upper tier qb, two elite receivers, good oline, decent TE, and depending on the criminal justice system in LV, we have a good rb. I'm optimistic.

I agree with you but think these contracts are going to be the new normal. Sadly.
Probably. My guess is Loomis will sign a couple guys in need of a rebound year to short team friendly contracts. He can sell them on snap counts and the fact our former DT's went on to sign biggish contracts.

Then we'll draft a guy in the first or second round to develop in rotation with them before taking over next year. Approach it kind of like we did WR last year when those contracts were high in FA.

Probably. My guess is Loomis will sign a couple guys in need of a rebound year to short team friendly contracts. He can sell them on snap counts and the fact our former DT's went on to sign biggish contracts.

Then we'll draft a guy in the first or second round to develop in rotation with them before taking over next year. Approach it kind of like we did WR last year when those contracts were high in FA.
Agreed, hope we draft two DT’s tho.

I agree with all of this.

It seems like every offseason we lose starters. And on top of that we have tons of injuries during the year, but somehow still stay a top 10 defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom