Time for Drew to sign for the Vet Minimum (1 Viewer)

soggymoss

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Vet min no

10 million is what he should be at, allows the team to use the extra money to bring in some aging but good vets on a 1 year deal (Gerald McCoy, AJ Green,Quinn)

I know it wont happen, but that's what we would need to make one last run with Drew

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Vet min no

10 million is what he should be at, allows the team to use the extra money to bring in some aging but good vets on a 1 year deal (Gerald McCoy, AJ Green,Quinn)

I know it wont happen, but that's what we would need to make one last run with Drew
You think he'd sign a deal for $10MM? He was the best QB in the league after coming back from injury.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
A team friendly deal would make sense. I don’t know what that would look like money wise, but league minimum isn’t realistic.
I'd like to see him go the Brady route and sign for 18-20 so the other money can be spent on the team around him. That 5-8 MM could go a long way to helping him get another SB.

rheausler

Rookie
Reaction score
20M is a fair number. I doubt he would ask for 30M like the other top QBs. Either way he is worth it, but it is in his heart to see what he wants.

Don't insult him with a low number. They both know what they want and will be easy to reach a deal.

soggymoss

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm what? Because he had a bad game in the playoffs doesn't diminish everything he did from the Cardinals game on. He wasn't the offensive player of the month in December for shirts and giggles.

Ummm, I highlighted the 2nd part

Maybe learn to read an entire post

OP
OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd like to see him go the Brady route and sign for 18-20 so the other money can be spent on the team around him. That 5-8 MM could go a long way to helping him get another SB.

That's mostly what I am saying. He doesn't need the money so sign for as little as allowed.

jbourque

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm what? Because he had a bad game in the playoffs doesn't diminish everything he did from the Cardinals game on. He wasn't the offensive player of the month in December for shirts and giggles.

I guess we'll always have that December record won't we. :rolleyes:

I hope Drew retires but I don't see him retiring until injury forces him out or it becomes too difficult for Payton to mask his deficiencies. I also don't see taking a hometown discount because it's more than likely his last contract. But, we'll see.

OP
OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
20M is a fair number. I doubt he would ask for 30M like the other top QBs. Either way he is worth it, but it is in his heart to see what he wants.

Don't insult him with a low number. They both know what they want and will be easy to reach a deal.

I wouldn't want the team to approach him. I would want him to approach the team and come up with something very cap friendly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom