Time for Malcolm Jenkins to go back to Corner (1 Viewer)

If I was playing against Jenkins at CB I would run fly routes, posts, and anything deep all day long.

He gets burned all day. NOt fast enough. And will get called for a ton of PIs.

He's not that good of a football player no matter where you put him. Not skilled enough to play CB and not smart enough to play safety. What's next. GAin weight so we can try him at LB. Sorry you have to get rid of not good players like him and Harper and find guys who can do what we need instead of figuring out some hybrid role.

I think actually Malcolm Jenkins would be a better strong safety instead of the free safety position he has been asked to play. But then what about Roman Harper?

Regarding Jenkins, is he now considered a first round bust???? That is a question I would like to pose to Mike Detelier. I remember at the beginning of last season, he was being considered the second best FS in the NFC to Nick Collins. Many thought the saints would have beaten the Seahawks has he not been injured. Now, he is considered a weak link on the worst defense in NFL history, which is saying a lot. What happened???? Heard Mike saying they needed to upgrade the back end of the secondary in the offseason. Harper is a good player with some weaknesses. He made the pro bowl twice. What happened to Jenkins??? Bust????

If I was playing against Jenkins at CB I would run fly routes, posts, and anything deep all day long.

He gets burned all day. NOt fast enough. And will get called for a ton of PIs.

He's not that good of a football player no matter where you put him. Not skilled enough to play CB and not smart enough to play safety. What's next. GAin weight so we can try him at LB. Sorry you have to get rid of not good players like him and Harper and find guys who can do what we need instead of figuring out some hybrid role.

Malcolm Jenkins from the 2009 season and Super Bowl disagrees. He balled out in the Super Bowl at Nickel CB.

Time for Malcolm Jenkins to start making plays and stop missing tackles and blowing coverage.

Malcolm Jenkins from the 2009 season and Super Bowl disagrees. He balled out in the Super Bowl at Nickel CB.

That is my issue. What happened to this guy???? He wasn't even a bad corner his rookie season. He was a good FS in his second season. So good, they didn't bring Sharper in until he got hurt, and Sharper was up for Defensive MVP the year before. Cray Cray.

Put me in the "let's try him back at CB" boat. If he can't do it there (and I think/hope he could) then maybe time to go. He seems to be pretty valuable as an extra DB, but seems like it's tough to place him in a base personnel without him being a liability. Maybe a new scheme will help him excel. I dunno.

Jenkins at FS
Harper at OLB
Quddos at SS
Greer CB
Mack CB
PRob at nickel
Patrick at dime

Crazy I know, but it uses who we have without costing anything..... FWIW

We need some natural safeties. I'd also like to see him back at CB as long as he always has safety help over the top.

When he was a corner, everyone thought he would be better at safety. Now he's a safety
everyone thinks he would be better at corner

True but most of us were going off the words of the coaches. 3G is the first that touted him for that. Supposedly becaues of his 4.55 speed he couldn't be a corner in 3G's scheme...but he could make the PERFECT safety.

Only problem is...Safety is a whole different view from corner. IT really is. For a guy to just start playing Safety his 2nd season into the NFL it doesn't surprise me he didn't become the all-pro ball-hawk he was expected to be.

IT was a projection.

The only reason im leaning towards changing him back to Corner is because A we need to get bigger on the outside
B Teams attacked us on the edges a lot.. Id rather Malcolm there than Robinson or Greer on 6'2 WR's.
C. He can play boundary corner..which usually ask for ur Corners to be around 6'0 200 or so.

Do i think he can play SS yes..but we risk seeing him not becoming the playmaker we need there.

We need to draft a FS and SS that have been playing FS and SS and not drafting players and attempting to convert them.

He would fill an immediate need.

Boundary Corner Malcolm Jekins/Corey White
Field Corner Patrick Robinson/Greer/patrick or mack or draft pick.

The production of IAQ in limited snaps is probably the biggest reason for the prospect of moving Jenkins. I agree we need to get bigger on the outside and more physical and that Jenkins would provide that, I don't like Jenkins man to man deep though at all, and I do not know how you accomplish one without sacrificing the other. With Spags zone style Jenkins would be perfect at corner but there's no way to project where he will go with a new coordinator. If I had to guess I'd say Jenkins will remain at Free Safety at not move anywhere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom