Time for my CRAZY homer, rose-colored, optimistic post (1 Viewer)

I'm so happy Bill Swerski became a Saints fan.

giphy.gif

I must be a glutton for punishment. I feel like I've seen how this ends, but I just keep coming back for more. New Orleans needs a hockey team :smilielol:

Tampa is peaking right now. I can't see us beating them in their house. They always plays us very tough, and, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're up for the task.

Tampa is peaking right now. I can't see us beating them in their house. They always plays us very tough, and, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're up for the task.

Agreed. This last game was a heart breaker for fans and I'm sure many of the Saints players. Tampa will be the hungrier team next week--I'm afraid it will get ugly. I don't expect Brees to quickly rebound from this past game...I could be wrong but it seems that when Brees is in a slight funk (based on Brees standards) the funk lasts 2-3 games.

And our defense...Jesus Christ.

Yesterday was such a huge disappointment. It's not as much that we lost, but it was HOW we lost. The Saints looked bad, and I thought the season was over.

As it stands now, I'm hoping we either win out or lose out, no in between. If we lose to Tampa, then I think it's officially over and we should just tank.

I agree with a lot of that, but our special teams absolutely needs to be addressed. It has been terrible the entire season, and wasn't that much better today. One kick was darn near blocked (actually tipped), and the Lions consistently had better starting field position much of the game.

This has to be one of the top priorities this offseason.
This too is ground hog day for the last 3-5 years. Kicker issues, poor field position. Opponents get good field position consistently, which makes it harder on the defense and our offense gets consistently poor field positions with need to go 70-80 yards over and over.

It's a huge issue for a marginal team and definitely contributes to more than a couple losses every year...

Until we're mathematically eliminated I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the remaining games. We have some amazing receivers on offense. Brees is playing at an elite level. It's great to see Rankins back and some actual push up the middle from our defense. For people who enjoy danger, our special teams can be a lot of fun to watch.

I just watch, root, and let the chips fall where they may. It's great that we're in a division where we can have a bad record and still have a shot at the playoffs.

I'm always in until we are mathematically eliminated so let's go!

I agree! until the numbers say it's impossible, I am still a believer!
It helps that 3 of the last 4 are in the division....
.....who dat!!

Part of the deal of signing on as a fan when I did is that I continue to be optimistic until there is no possible way to make the playoffs and then I move on to next year.

MIN, WAS, NYG, and PHI all lost as well which still leaves the Wild Card in play at 9-7. There are several ways in which we can get in at 9-7 with decent tie breakers in 3-way and heads up scenarios.

Part of the deal of signing on as a fan when I did is that I continue to be optimistic until there is no possible way to make the playoffs and then I move on to next year.

MIN, WAS, NYG, and PHI all lost as well which still leaves the Wild Card in play at 9-7. There are several ways in which we can get in at 9-7 with decent tie breakers in 3-way and heads up scenarios.

I agree with you. I was at the game yesterday. I kept looking at the KC/Atl score thinking all we need to do is beat the Lions and it helps our playoff chances. It aggravated me when we lost and Atl lost because we didn't gain any ground on them. Each week that Atl lost, we lost. The Saints just can't seem to get it together as a whole team. Our division is not that strong but we are running out of games to try and win it. We have to play good ball from here on out and maybe we can take it. Hopefully there will be a weekend where we win and Atl along with TB loses so we can gain some ground in the standings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom