Time for NFL Coaches to Step Up (1 Viewer)

It’s time some of them to take on fines and more for standing up to the Refs and these bad calls. Happens all the time in Baseball. Why not Football when it’s obvious calls are just plain wrong.

I'm with you dude. That was totally ridiculous. On another note, wtf didn't Payton challenge that first pick? Or the consequent catch by girls ?

It was at that moment that I knew we were screwed. The Voodoo had been placed upon us. Crooked refs. That penalty never gets called while blocking someone who is rushing to inflict pain on your QB. Has that ever in the history of the game been called? Wow. Almost as absurd as the no-call.

Gambling will change this. As more money enters sports betting, more accountability will force the NFL’s hand on the issue.
Vegas was already bringing in billions on sports betting, if that doesn't solve it, a little more isn't. it may actually have the opposite effect. When teams lose because of bad calls, the house usually wins..

Vegas was already bringing in billions on sports betting, if that doesn't solve it, a little more isn't. it may actually have the opposite effect. When teams lose because of bad calls, the house usually wins..
We shall see, the industry just gave the NFL the finger. The NFL wanted sports books to compensate them, and the sports books told them to pound sand. As time goes on, and as more money enters the arena, things will shift.

If you had the power to have a strawman bet a few million every week on select games while already knowing the outcome wouldn't you take advantage of a sure thing ?
That would get lost in the billions bet on the NFL and nobody would ever know.
New York is doing it .
When there is opportunity to cheat for money someone is going to take advantage of it. It's human nature and there is a huge hole in the system making it possible

I only see three possibilities:

1) That was the correct blind side call even though the blockers helmet and left hand was on the chest side of the rusher and the defender changed his angle after seeing the block.

2) It was a close call, wrong but the ref made a legit mistake.

3) It was obviously wrong but the ref called it anyway.

Starting with #1. If that was the correct call this is no longer football and I see no reason to keep watching when there are already much better sports in hockey and soccer and if not just better things to do with my time.

#2. If that was close to the correct cal. I still feel the same. This is NOT Football any more.

#3 This is just the WWE the NFL is all about putting the E back in ESPN. Its just a bunch of nonsense. I just cant see any reason to watch this. Time would be better spent watching Benny Hill reruns.

This is what you get when you put a dirty player like Jon Runyan in charge of things.

That call was made for a reason, and it had its intended effect. This league is corrupt.
It's certainly not about protecting the QB from injury...as so many of the current rules we have were made for.

The absurdity of that call is we get the "blind side block" call but if the block wasn't made, Taysom gets blind side tackled...which would totally be clean.

Last edited:
I only see three possibilities:

1) That was the correct blind side call even though the blockers helmet and left hand was on the chest side of the rusher and the defender changed his angle after seeing the block.

2) It was a close call, wrong but the ref made a legit mistake.

3) It was obviously wrong but the ref called it anyway.

Starting with #1. If that was the correct call this is no longer football and I see no reason to keep watching when there are already much better sports in hockey and soccer and if not just better things to do with my time.

#2. If that was close to the correct cal. I still feel the same. This is NOT Football any more.

#3 This is just the WWE the NFL is all about putting the E back in ESPN. Its just a bunch of nonsense. I just cant see any reason to watch this. Time would be better spent watching Benny Hill reruns.

This is what you get when you put a dirty player like Jon Runyan in charge of things.

If it were scenario 2, I don't understand why officials aren't able to look at the jumbo-tron (or their Surface pads), see what everyone else is seeing (it was a bad call), huddle up real quick to confirm and immediately fix it. This thing where they see they screwed up, we see they screwed up, but shrug and move on cause "dem the rules" just seems ridiculous to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom