Time Management... (1 Viewer)

BryanD

Gettin Closer
Reaction score
Did not lose this game...

Poor coaching decisions right before the half was the proverbial thorn in CSP's side. I was unable to watch the 1st half due to some traveling but listened to it on the radio. As soon as I heard an end around play called and it goes for 1 yard, I knew it was not going to be a long night. We were driving the ball with forward momentum until that play.

Is this a joke? We got 2 stops on defense all night, and you're gonna single out one offensive play? smdh

Did not lose this game...

Poor coaching decisions right before the half was the proverbial thorn in CSP's side. I was unable to watch the 1st half due to some traveling but listened to it on the radio. As soon as I heard an end around play called and it goes for 1 yard, I knew it was not going to be a long night. We were driving the ball with forward momentum until that play.
A dumb call situationally, but if it works he's a genius.

Once again though that's not the problem. The problem is you are seriously splitting hairs as to why the offense can't score or have perfect drive every possession to keep pace with all the points our terrible defense is surrendering.

It's all getting very old.

We didnt give up 45 points on that one play.

Just like we didnt give up 22 points in the 4th vs Oakland because we didnt run the ball.

There's a common denominator here.

A dumb call situationally, but if it works he's a genius.

Once again though that's not the problem. The problem is you are seriously splitting hairs as to why the offense can't score or have perfect drive every possession to keep pace with all the points our terrible defense is surrendering.

It's all getting very old.

I guess you're right...I missed the muffed punt that seemed to put the defense against the wall. I also have to have some sort of faith in a top 10 offense to make smart decisions when this so called injury riddled young defense is trying to hold their own against another top 10 offense. I will admit the D had a very bad interference call before the half.

I guess I really don't know what to pull for!

New Orleans Saints at 05:31
5-M.Bosher kicks 65 yards from ATL 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1-10-NO 25
(5:31) 68-T.Lelito reported in as eligible. 9-D.Brees pass incomplete short left to 10-B.Cooks.
2-10-NO 25
(5:25) (Shotgun) 34-T.Hightower right tackle to NO 36 for 11 yards (93-D.Freeney).
1-10-NO 36
(4:54) 34-T.Hightower left tackle to NO 41 for 5 yards (56-S.Weatherspoon).
2-5-NO 41
(4:25) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 16-B.Coleman to 50 for 9 yards (36-K.Ishmael). Pass 6, YAC 3
1-10-
(3:53) 87-T.Lewis left end pushed ob at ATL 49 for 1 yard (21-D.Trufant).
2-9-ATL 49
(3:18) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 38-T.Cadet to NO 46 for -5 yards (56-S.Weatherspoon). Pass -5, YAC 0
3-14-NO 46
(2:35) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass short middle to 87-T.Lewis to ATL 46 for 8 yards (45-D.Jones). Pass 8, YAC 0
Two-Minute Warning
4-6-ATL 46
(2:00) 6-T.Morstead punts 34 yards to ATL 12, Center-47-J.Drescher, downed by NO-52-C.Robertson. PENALTY on ATL-81-A.Hooper, Offensive Holding, 6 yards, enforced at ATL 12.

This sequence was the deal breaker for me...sorry for those who disagree.

I also didn't understand decision to not run the hurry up on the last possession. They even wasted their second timeout after a completion for a first down and allowed the Falcons pass rushers to catch their breath. Three negative plays from sack or pressure ensued.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom