Time to bleach the Dome’s roof again (1 Viewer)

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
I drove into work today and you can’t help but notice the black mold, algae or whatever on the Dome’s roof. I think the State/Saints needed to spend some of that $450 million for a permanent roof solution or a least toward the cleaning budget. It really looks as bad as it ever has. It needs to be cleaned more frequently.

Being so close to the interstate system, It's almost impossible to keep it clean.

It's like buying a white couch in a house with kids. It may look ok for a while, but sooner or later it'll have Kool-aid splatters and Cheeto finger prints.

Last edited:
Why can’t they just paint the dome like a really dark charcoal grey/black with Gold accents? That way it wouldn’t get that dirty look so soon and would be bad***.
A)the cost of cooling it, and B) it would quite possibly exceed the capacity of the current HVAC system trying to do so.
It would look badass though...

A)the cost of cooling it, and B) it would quite possibly exceed the capacity of the current HVAC system trying to do so.
It would look badass though...
Great points. How about changing the panels to solar panels (they look black)? I’m sure they could get a huge tax write off for it, no???

As long as somebody important's nephew is in solar panels, we have a shot...
Maybe I should apply to be that Superdome operations manager👀
I’m not sure why no one has suggested this yet?

Being so close to the interstate system, It's almost impossible to keep it clean.

It's like buying a white couch in a house with kids. It may look ok for a while, but sooner or later it'll have Kool-aid splatters and Cheeto finger prints.
Are you in my living room?

Damn im jealous. I hesitate to ask how much this system cost. But man that looks nice!

Yeah, it's definitely not cheap, but the tiles have a 25 year warranty. If you have a lot of sun and get a high electric bill (over $250/month), then it's worth it.

You also get a tax credit so it helps a little, but not a lot. Everything just depends on the numbers. I also have powerwalls so I can survive pretty much without any reliance on electric companies.

This is what my usage looks like for the grid at the top and bottom is what I sent to the grid.

Screenshot_20210622-203623_Tesla.jpg

If they want to keep it white, they should rhino-line it white, should be much easier to keep looking clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom