time to blow it up (1 Viewer)

saintsfannca

Very Banned
Reaction score
can't even give this D a chance.

it's done.

fire everybody Payton knows on Defense and Mcmahon. It's time to start over. you've had the worst defense in NFL history for 3 straight years, which is actually impressive as it is embarassing.

sorry, DA you probably deserved a chance, but you NEED to be let go. there's been no improvement on D. Fire everybody involved, let somebody new come in, and hire his own people! no involvement from CSP.

The offense has been fine, you can't ask an offense to score 46 points every week to win a game. at least showing our defense to the world on MNF will get the conversation going. the defense hasn't progressed in years.

bringing back horrible vets like Harper and JL whose best years are behind them and can't cover or make tackles is also hurting this team. Anthony had one of the best rookie years ever for a LBer, he should have still been given a shot at his natural position. JL is too slow and too weak to keep up with the game, same with Harper. I get Vacarro and Ellerbe are hurt and we have a ton of injuries, but it just isn't good enough.

tonight was especially sad, because the energy in the dome was the best it had been in years until that horrendous punt play. correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't see D Harris at all after that.

I said it before the season and it's still true, Mike Pettine was the best hire we could have made. And the same still holds true. It's genuinely sad to have one of the best offenses of all time at your disposal for a decade, and just waste more than half of that time span. although it's so predictable now you can't even be too sad, you knew we were gonna lose this game early. our inexcusable horrible play on defense has become so ordinary to Saints' fans that it is embarrassing. A move needs to happen ASAP, it's just sad that nothing will

We've already blown it up. We're in the middle of a rebuild. We're just going to need to be patient.

Harper and JL are slow. True. But they're also leaders and the perfect mentors for our young team. Unfortunate that they are a step too slow to do anything, but thems the breaks. Our team has been in relatively good position to make plays, but need more reps. The game needs to slow down for guys like Crawley, Vonn Bell, Onyemata, etc.

That'll only come with time.

Mike Pettine.

First time I've seen ANYONE suggest a specific hire.

We've already blown it up. We're in the middle of a rebuild. We're just going to need to be patient.

Mike Pettine.

First time I've seen ANYONE suggest a specific hire.

I was screaming for Pettine since the offseason. He was/is the PERFECT hire.

Part of our problem has been switching schemes every season. I'm not even necessarily blaming DA (although I've been publicly against him for a while). We've been drafting for a 3-4 D for years, and it's tough to switch schemes every year when we have personell for specific schemes. Pettine ran a 3-4 and was one of the best D coordinators for a while. especially with Karl Dunbar available early in the summer. Would have been home run hires.

It sounds silly, but CSP just has to excuse himself from anything involving defense. All of his friends are just not getting it done. Bill Johnson, Joe Vitt, McMahon, sorry but the time is up. Our defense doesn't even look on par with NFL standards or minimums. I would NOT be surprised to see an NCAA team hang 30+ on this team. That's embarrassing.

also I see a lot of people calling for CSP's head.

I don't agree. He is one of the best offensive coaches of all time. The defense is abysmal. Yes that is part of his responsibility as HC, but you don't let a top NFL coach walk away.

Sad to say, but you have to restrict his power. give control of the D to someone else and do NOT let him meddle

also I see a lot of people calling for CSP's head.

I don't agree. He is one of the best offensive coaches of all time. The defense is abysmal. Yes that is part of his responsibility as HC, but you don't let a top NFL coach walk away.

Sad to say, but you have to restrict his power. give control of the D to someone else and do NOT let him meddle
Lol.

Just who is going to do that, be Payton's boss??

ayd3mfm9mwyjnku3ogv2.gif

Let's not jump the gun here. Yes. We most definitely are terrible. But remember that we have a defensive backfield is made of 3rd stringers due to injury. Our best linebacker is injured. Our best wr is injured. Our first round pick DT is injured. And there's probably more I can't think of right now.

All that and we still somehow manage to stay competitive minus the occasional screw up.

Without those injuries it's be a different story imho. My biggest worry this year was the o-line, as it should've been, but even there we somehow managed to be "OK" I guess.

We will get better.

Falcons fan here....i wouldn't say blow it up...Defense is horrible. But i would take you guys offense led by Brees over most of the league. ..blow the defense up...

Falcons fan here....i wouldn't say blow it up...Defense is horrible. But i would take you guys offense led by Brees over most of the league. ..blow the defense up...

this is what i meant, if you read the thread.

not have somebody "be his boss" but somebody like Pettine who is established as a DC and HC. Let him run the defense, without influence from CSP.

DA should probably be given a chance, but his close ties to CSP unfortunately make it necessary to move off of him

Did everyone already forget that the defense gave up zero TDs last week? We missed Vaccaro and Davison badly tonight. This is a rebuilding year, guys. Believe me, I've felt the doom and gloom in past years, and I'm not feeling that this year. Let this team grow.

Greg Mcahon should of been gone after that giants game that year.. and now he should be gone now. Two straight games, ST has mess up for us. Then today 2 straight ST drives where we were just asking the Falcons to score a TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did everyone already forget that the defense gave up zero TDs last week? We missed Vaccaro and Davison badly tonight. This is a rebuilding year, guys. Believe me, I've felt the doom and gloom in past years, and I'm not feeling that this year. Let this team grow.

I'll say it again. The Giants moved the ball up and down the field on us. They missed a FG, they kneeled the ball inside the 5 to kick a FG instead of a TD to keep the ball out of Brees' hands. They also turned the ball over 3 times and had a TD pass dropped. It was a combination of the Giants ability to turn the ball over at the worst times and us getting lucky. We got lucky on the 4th down stop. We got lucky getting the turnovers. I'll blame luck when we actually do it again. We suck at forcing turnover and we suck and stopping teams.

So that was a lucky game. We got lucky, lucky, lucky and lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom