Time to cool down (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
It's a loss... a disappointing loss.

Our secondary is young, and it shows. But they also gained experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Finnegan was given a call this week.

This is week one... WEEK 1.

The Saints have zero losses in the Division; zero losses in the Conference.

The defense will have a lot to look over in game video. They will make corrections.

Next week is a big test at the Meadowlands (vs. Giants).

:gosaints:

A loss like this carries over sadly and wouldn't be shocked if we are flat next week because of it.

More so it exposed problems we CANNOT solve for some ridiculous reason. Gonna get beat by QB's all season long as we still have NO pass rush what so ever. FRUSTRATING

and its just the beginning

Had we squeaked-out a win somehow today, some folks would be gushing over a possible 16-0 season.

Reality: There's a reason why there's only been 1 team to go undefeated in the NFL.

If you want to feel better, the Falcons are 0-1 in the Division and Conference. :ezbill:

The defense got run over by last year's 28th ranked rushing attack, after losing two starters. And still got zero pressure.

It was a feeble performance and epic collapse and looks no different than 4 out of the 5 past seasons. It's not going to cut it.

Our secondary is young, and it shows. But they also gained experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Finnegan was given a call this week.

The defense will have a lot to look over in game video. They will make corrections.

No, this isn't week one. It's game 17 of a 32 game season, started last year. Same great offense, same sucky defense. My prediction, we go 15-17. Nothing has changed.

Hmmmm, seems I've heard this somewhere before...

No, this isn't week one. It's game 17 of a 32 game season, started last year. Same great offense, same sucky defense. My prediction, we go 15-17. Nothing has changed.
The offense, if Fleener could show up, which is debatable, is going to be solid although still not sold on willingness and ability to use the ground game better.

But I wonder how attitude will be impacted as offense has to try to do to much yet again to overcome bad defense.

Last year secondary wasn't young and it did show also... Even after that game I am optimist about our young CBs. What I am afraid is more the lack of athleticism of our D-Line...they look slow and weak. We had a few stops in the first half but that was a teaser only. I know we are missing Rankins and Kikaha, but both are still unproven. I don't know if they would have made much of difference.

If our D-line is as bad as it looked today we are in for the same season as last year.

This is the worst thing about a a Saints loss. It's like I lose my fun time waster site for a week while a bunch of emo girl twilight fans take it over.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Nope. Give me a day or two. But for now...
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/59TGiVPlBvewg" width="480" height="551" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/59TGiVPlBvewg"></a></p>

This is the worst thing about a a Saints loss. It's like I lose my fun time waster site for a week while a bunch of emo girl twilight fans take it over.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I wish I could give this so many more green thumbs than one.

If we want to be positive, the offense looked the best it's looked since 2011. Brees is a monster still. Our WR corp is excellent. OL was good in all facets.

The defense played really well for a half. They collapsed after Breaux got hurt. They did get the game winning stop before having it stolen by the refs. So there's that.

So I'm ****** we lost, but noway do I think this is a 4-5 win team. The 1st quarter of the season will tell our story. 2-2 or better and I think we'll have a chance.

If we want to be positive, the offense looked the best it's looked since 2011. Brees is a monster still. Our WR corp is excellent. OL was good in all facets.

The defense played really well for a half. They collapsed after Breaux got hurt. They did get the game winning stop before having it stolen by the refs. So there's that.

So I'm ****** we lost, but noway do I think this is a 4-5 win team. The 1st quarter of the season will tell our story. 2-2 or better and I think we'll have a chance.

I don't think I coulda put it better myself. This is not the sub .500 team people seem to think it is. We don't know what we or the Raiders are at this point. It's silly to start melting down.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom