Time to cool down (1 Viewer)

Gonna be alot of these "the sky is not falling" threads today. Allow everyone to get it off their chests, and tomorrow cooler heads will prevail.

Its not like we haven't seen this since Payton has been coach. Incredible offense... garbage defense. Is it groundhog's Day?

I'm p!ssed too, but I'm already over this game because I've seen this all before.

IDK what Payton needs to do. We sink a ton of high draft picks into the defense. We use a ton of free agent money on the defense. We've gone thru coordinator-after-coordinator to get the right guy. Not sure what needs to be done, but if you put it in your head that the defense is gonna be our problem again, then you'll get over these gut-wrenching losses alot faster.

I'm trying to hang in there, but on the road, Beckham Jr. on deck. If Breaux can't go, I seriously might be weighing my options for noon next Sunday.

Gonna be alot of these "the sky is not falling" threads today. Allow everyone to get it off their chests, and tomorrow cooler heads will prevail.

Its not like we haven't seen this since Payton has been coach. Incredible offense... garbage defense. Is it groundhog's Day?

I'm p!ssed too, but I'm already over this game because I've seen this all before.

IDK what Payton needs to do. We sink a ton of high draft picks into the defense. We use a ton of free agent money on the defense. We've gone thru coordinator-after-coordinator to get the right guy. Not sure what needs to be done, but if you put it in your head that the defense is gonna be our problem again, then you'll get over these gut-wrenching losses alot faster.

Firing Johnson and Vitt are 2 moves Payton should have made a long time ago.

Could one the questionable calls by Hayden midway in the 4th quarter offset the questionable call against us later in the 4th? We scored a TD on that drive...

Could one the questionable calls by Hayden midway in the 4th quarter offset the questionable call against us later in the 4th? We scored a TD on that drive...

If it was questionable.

Hayden armbarred him and ran him out of bounds. It wasn't blatant, but it was PI.

The worst thing about the call against us was that the ball was clearly uncatchable and well out of bounds.

Had we squeaked-out a win somehow today, some folks would be gushing over a possible 16-0 season.

Reality: There's a reason why there's only been 1 team to go undefeated in the NFL.

If you want to feel better, the Falcons are 0-1 in the Division and Conference. :ezbill:

:gosaints:
By the 4th quarter I was not that impressed with the Raiders. They looked pretty average and we couldn't put them away and actually collapsed.

Raiders were 28th rushing the ball last year and down two starters on the OL. Got steamrolled on lots of runs and gave up the 80 yd TD. Couldn't get any pressure.

Hard to feel good about.

By the 4th quarter I was not that impressed with the Raiders. They looked pretty average and we couldn't put them away and actually collapsed.

Raiders were 28th rushing the ball last year and down two starters on the OL. Got steamrolled on lots of runs and gave up the 80 yd TD. Couldn't get any pressure.

Hard to feel good about.

We just know before the season starts that in the NFL today you have to be able to somehow generate pressure when need be. This Defense right now can't afford to have our #1 pick on the shelf. It's going to be tough.

Those runs were a killer. I can have some solace if they were 80yd like TD passes on our rookie corners. I don't understand how those type of runs are given up by our Defense. It wasn't Adrian Peterson.

Hopefully there's alignment and playing together type issues with this Defense.

kruger was awful, cutback was there all day because of his lack of discipline/ability to contain. really disappointed in allen, we got too cute trying to protect the corners. Needed to blitz and be aggressive cuz we weren't stopping them with the zone defense and were playing with a lead. Also when crawley was getting scorched why not try vaccaro as a slot corner and letting Bell play. not creative at all. Also payton kicking from the two was horrible, did not understand the kind of game he was in

I just realized the Bucs are the top team in our divisiton......I feel myself turning into an emo girl twilight fan.....

Im more dissaponted in the personnel decisions than I am the team. The effort was there. More than the past 2 years I saw some heart on the field.

What I didnt see was any CB depth. We could have had Finnegan on the field when Breaux went down, but for some reason he was cut last week. Just dumb.

And has Byrd made (1) impact play since he was been here? That dude is stealing money.

kruger was awful, cutback was there all day because of his lack of discipline/ability to contain. really disappointed in allen, we got too cute trying to protect the corners. Needed to blitz and be aggressive cuz we weren't stopping them with the zone defense and were playing with a lead. Also when crawley was getting scorched why not try vaccaro as a slot corner and letting Bell play. not creative at all. Also payton kicking from the two was horrible, did not understand the kind of game he was in
I don't think Edabali is much better against the run. Kruger was supposed to more every down, but probably a reason he was released in Cleveland. Probably was easy for him to look good in Baltimore where the rest of the D was so solid.

It's a loss... a disappointing loss.

Our secondary is young, and it shows. But they also gained experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Finnegan was given a call this week.

This is week one... WEEK 1.

The Saints have zero losses in the Division; zero losses in the Conference.

The defense will have a lot to look over in game video. They will make corrections.

Next week is a big test at the Meadowlands (vs. Giants).

:gosaints:
Time to take off your rose colored glasses

If we want to be positive, the offense looked the best it's looked since 2011. Brees is a monster still. Our WR corp is excellent. OL was good in all facets.

The defense played really well for a half. They collapsed after Breaux got hurt. They did get the game winning stop before having it stolen by the refs. So there's that.

So I'm ****** we lost, but noway do I think this is a 4-5 win team. The 1st quarter of the season will tell our story. 2-2 or better and I think we'll have a chance.

Bonchie, we don't always see eye to eye, but I agree with you 100%.

There's really no way to pump sunshine about this loss.

Our defense, though improved in some facets, is still well below average as a unit. There is nothing we do defensively that is exceptional and now with Breaux out, an area we thought might be strong is now a glaring weakness.

If your offense generates over 500 yds and 34 points, you should win. However, we were on the other end of a similar game with the Giants last year, so it does happen.

I thought this was a 7-9 team and with Breaux possibly out for extended time, our secondary had better grow up fast or we will be looking at these types of games all year.

I wish there was more positive news. Our defense got some stops and were on the wrong end of a bad PI call, but that defensive performance lends validity to so many prognosticators picking us between 4-6 wins this year. Sometimes it is what it is.
We will be a team that's exciting at times but overall frustrating and, like today, gut wrenching.

Brees is amazing though. Love that guy.

We just know before the season starts that in the NFL today you have to be able to somehow generate pressure when need be. This Defense right now can't afford to have our #1 pick on the shelf. It's going to be tough.

Those runs were a killer. I can have some solace if they were 80yd like TD passes on our rookie corners. I don't understand how those type of runs are given up by our Defense. It wasn't Adrian Peterson.

Hopefully there's alignment and playing together type issues with this Defense.
Breaux going out hurt but never got any real pressure and the couple of times we got close Carr rolled or scrambeled away from it.

Even with Breaux we are still going to struggle without pressure and to see we still look like we are rushing the QB wearing snowshoes is majorly disappointing. Just don't understand where the meaningful improvement will come from. And then there was getting gashed in the running game in the 2nd half by a Makeshift OL.

This suggests to me very fundamental problems beating the guy in front of you so I don't get where tweaks and experience is going to help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom