Time to get Over the Jitters. Saints will Easily Win this Week! (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Just had a premonition, kinda like when I thought the Saints would win all the games under Bridgewater starting with Seattle. And nooo, that was not drug-induced, flashbacks or revelations from an Indian sweat tent - lol.

If we step back from our Homer position, which is really hard to do, these teams are at different levels: talent, coaching and skills. There are 3 elite teams in the league today: Ravens, SF and the Saints. These 3 teams are clearly above the rest. KC may sneak into this group.

This Saints team is on fire. Brees is on fire. SP is on fire. We have added disruptive offensive talent in Cook and Taysom Hill. This is the best Brees has looked late season in 3-4 years. This Saints team is tough as nails having won the 5 games when Brees went down. How many teams could do that especially with the tough schedule faced? Kamara looks fresh. Murray is fresh. MT is simply MT and Brees is playing lights out. The defense plays as well as needed to win big games. And even with the injuries on the D-line, the depth of replacements has the defense getting after the QB and has contained the run quite well. The reason I picked the Saints to win the games under Teddy was based more on intangibles. This team just seems to be on a mission. Their determination is on fire this year. They just look like a team of destiny.

Minny is a good quality team, but not in the same league as the top 3. As fans, we remember the Minny Miracle like it was yesterday etched deeply in our brains. But that was 2-years ago. Not now. There are only 2 teams in the league who could possibly beat this Saints team, and Minny is not one of them. On top of all this is the fact that for the 1st time, the Saints may have the best-combnined O-line and D-line in the league. Yeah I know, it;s even hard to type that. But SP rebuilt this team to win on the road, in the cold or on the beach (Miami). As we know, playoffs are usually won in the trenches. I expect the Saints to be up by 10-14 at half and pull away in the 2nd half. This is a team of destiny with the most determined and smartest QB in the league, all on fire at the perfect time led by a coach who is clearly establishing himself as the 2nd best in the last 15 years.

Who Dat All!

Last edited:
After a few days of review, I think the Vikings - when healthy - are a dangerous team. They're healthier now than they have been in a long time and the last time they were at this level of health, they were averaging 140 ypg on the ground. And that opened up their play-action and where Cousins is most successful.

Bottom line, I think, is if we can stop the run, we should be able to pull away. I don't think they're going to keep us from our scoring averages so we have to force them into having to pass to keep up and because they're not having much success on the ground. That's when Cousins struggles and the Saints can get aggressive.

I think their backs will have a few solid chunk plays, but if we can keep their running game from setting favorable down/distance for them, we should win this game.

I expect us to win.

I don't expect it to be easy and I expect to be very nervous through most of the game.

lmao blotch! Has there ever been a playoff game were we Who Dats were not extremely nervous, unless for a few of us who were 4 sheets to the wind before the kickoff-lol

I totally agree with Swimmer. I will go a step further and say we have the best team in the league. Including the new darling Ravens. I expect an easy win Sunday. The issue for many. And must admit for me. Is the fear of another heartbreak. Like a lover spurned we just need to get back on that horse. I’m ready. Who’s with me

WHO DAT

After a few days of review, I think the Vikings - when healthy - are a dangerous team. They're healthier now than they have been in a long time and the last time they were at this level of health, they were averaging 140 ypg on the ground. And that opened up their play-action and where Cousins is most successful.

Bottom line, I think, is if we can stop the run, we should be able to pull away. I don't think they're going to keep us from our scoring averages so we have to force them into having to pass to keep up and because they're not having much success on the ground. That's when Cousins struggles and the Saints can get aggressive.

I think their backs will have a few solid chunk plays, but if we can keep their running game from setting favorable down/distance for them, we should win this game.

Agree with this.

We’re going to load up to stop the run as we always do. Jenkins and Marcus Williams will likely determine how close this game is. We can afford a couple big plays in the running game, as long as we keep them out of the EZ. My only concern would be if that leads to big plays over the top on Jenkins/Williams.

In the end, our O is clicking at a level we haven’t seen at this point in a season since 2011. If we hold them to a couple field goals and score TDs early, I could see us pulling away, as you said.

Swimmer I won't believe this is your opinion, I demand to hear from Coach Pete regarding these facts. ;)

Darn you BIGRON. Another new breathtaking beauty avatar. You are killing me - lol. But what a way to die!!!

As far as Coach Pete, about 3-weeks ago he switched back to the Saints all the way to the SB based on a single factor, the determination he saw in Brees. Pete is pretty darned emotionless over football, but he is a Brees homer and one of the 1st outside Westlake High to be a Brees fan for life. Over the years, he told me what it was like to try and coach against Brees in high school. Coach Pete said that he would call a good defensive play with a hidden scheme, and then this short, skinny QB would come to the line of scrimmage, take a look at the defensive alignment, smile, change the play for a big gain. To Pete, Brees was the most cerebral and confident high school QB he has ever seen. He is a Brees homer, self-admitted. So he may be biased. And as Coach Pete has said numerous times, he's not that good at picking individual games.

I'll tell you what is concerning to me......., we set a new NFL record for fewest turnovers in a season. I just fear that we turn the ball over a couple of times and it comes back to bite us in the butt.

Well, two can play at that game.

Cook will break our 100 yard rusher streak.

Diggs will tackle Lattimore for 3 DPI.

Cousins will put on his greatest showing in the playoffs and still suck.

Alberto will have a game deciding PI review.

Am I missing anything? Half the Dome will be Viking fans

In a one and done environment, we can't afford to underestimate anyone. That said, this is the most important game of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom