Time to give Stafford his flowers (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
He didn't participate in any of the debacle and stupidity that put him in the unbelievable predicament of needing a game-winning last second drive.

And he came through when all signs pointed to OT and the most incredible meltdown loss since the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl up 28-3 with only 18 minutes left n the game (you like how I dedicated so much time to this in my post?).

Even after getting sacked, he wasn't phased. He came up huge in the biggest moment of his entire career.

As a critic, I have to admit he's won two critical games in a row.

He didn't participate in any of the debacle and stupidity that put him in the unbelievable predicament of needing a game-winning last second drive.

And he came through when all signs pointed to OT and the most incredible meltdown loss since the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl up 28-3 with only 18 minutes left n the game (you like how I dedicated so much time to this in my post?).

Even after getting sacked, he wasn't phased. He came up huge in the biggest moment of his entire career.
He shut everybody up. I never bought into all the hate on him. I would've been on cloud 9 if Sean would've been able to get him. It really sucks to say but I say the Rams will win the bowl this year.

And Collinsworth was banging that "28-3" drum as hard as he could even before halftime. It was kind of funny (read, pathetic) hearing the announcers desperately trying to praise Brady while he continually threw inaccurate passes all over the field through the first three quarters of the game.
It was pretty wonderful seeing the breath going out of all the bandwagon Buc fans (and the announcers) as the Rams came down and ended their "miracle comeback".

And Collinsworth was banging that "28-3" drum as hard as he could even before halftime. It was kind of funny (read, pathetic) hearing the announcers desperately trying to praise Brady while he continually threw inaccurate passes all over the field through the first three quarters of the game.
It was pretty wonderful seeing the breath going out of all the bandwagon Buc fans (and the announcers) as the Rams came down and ended their "miracle comeback".
Brady, thru 3rd quarter was throwing less than 50% completion, at a 6 yd per attempt clip with a pick and no TDs.

He added 170 or so yards in 4th when Rams went full on conservative and hit a prayer over Ramsey to Evans.

Gush all they want, i hope it goads him into 1 more year.

He shut everybody up. I never bought into all the hate on him. I would've been on cloud 9 if Sean would've been able to get him. It really sucks to say but I say the Rams will win the bowl this year.
It was never hate toward Stafford. He put up big numbers but he previously was 0-3 in the playoffs. Like it or not, that's how all the greats are judged by their performance on the big stage. He has played well these past couple of games when it counted and he gets credit for that. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but he consistently has failed to get back to the Super Bowl, that's not hate.

Brady, thru 3rd quarter was throwing less than 50% completion, at a 6 yd per attempt clip with a pick and no TDs.

He added 170 or so yards in 4th when Rams went full on conservative and hit a prayer over Ramsey to Evans.

Gush all they want, i hope it goads him into 1 more year.
Say what you want about Brady...but that wasn't a prayer to Evans over Ramsey

It was never hate toward Stafford. He put up big numbers but he previously was 0-3 in the playoffs. Like it or not, that's how all the greats are judged by their performance on the big stage. He has played well these past couple of games when it counted and he gets credit for that. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but he consistently has failed to get back to the Super Bowl, that's not hate.

And he's only two games removed from playing a big part in dropping the Rams from the 2nd seed to 4th.

I think most football fans recognize that he's a good quarterback capable of playing at a hight level, but I also think there's a tendency to give him a complete pass in Detroit. He certainly wasn't the problem there, but he also never emerged as the type of player who could elevate that franchise to even sustained mediocrity. Comparatively, Jared Goff had some big moments with the Rams, too, and now is experiencing the lows of being a Lion.

In a couple of weeks, Stafford might be deserving of all the praise NFL fans can muster but, right now, it seems premature to acknowledge anything more than he's in a better situation and that's paying off for him.

And Brees as well? Stafford made the playoffs with the LIONS. Hardly a supporting cast.

And Brees as well? Stafford made the playoffs with the LIONS. Hardly a supporting cast.
Stafford had Megatron, probably a first-ballot HOF guy and he couldn't carry the team. Burrow has Chase and he's going to the conference championship in his second year. As they say, this is when legends are made. He's doing his part now but I don't give him a pass for Detroit.

Stafford has shaken off the "choke" " get get it done in playoffs" labels in my mind. Next thing is if he is "just good" or great. If he's a great QB he should be able to win a championship with this Rams team.

I think he's got a shot at doing so too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom