Time to have Open Conversation: The Deep Love of Brees versus Teddy - Let's Get Real! (1 Viewer)

He's already stated he wants to play until he's 45. So what are the Saints waiting on? I'll wait...

That was a couple years ago. You didn’t pay attention to what he said last season.

So to answer your question I think both parties are waiting until the end of the season to make sure an extension is still in the interest of both parties.

That was a couple years ago. You didn’t pay attention to what he said last season.

So to answer your question I think both parties are waiting until the end of the season to make sure an extension is still in the interest of both parties.
I could care less what he said last season. I'm telling you right now that the Saints organization is not going to mortgage their future by extending another huge contract to a 40 year old QB when they have two more than capable younger QB's currently on the roster. If Teddy was interested in money, he could have accepted Miami's offer and gotten paid as a starting QB. He declined the offer and the Saints turned around and made him the highest paid back-up QB in the league. Why did the Saints do that? Sure, we all can speculate but they wanted to keep Teddy around for a reason. You don't have to take my word for it but facts are facts. Carry on...

Serious question

Is it Drew or is it Payton et al?

What I mean is this. it has been a collaboration. A symbiosis between them that will ,probably see both in the HOF.

So. If Drew had been with a different team under a different coach would he be the record setter he has been with the Saints?

Same can be said of Payton. With a different but skilled QB would Payton have achieved what he has with Drew?

How do you divide the credit between them? We may get an answer when Drew retires. If Payton can build a second HOFer we'll know he deserves a fair amount of the credit.

Till then do you think it is 50/50 or some other credit split?

I'm sorry, but please help me understand please. This ^ sounds a lot like Quantum Entanglement lol. I am using Quantum Entanglement to predict the winner of the Saints -Bears game this week. Even Einstein said this is Spooky Stuff - lol

Cute... now show us if you are capable of having an intelligent conversation. If not, Carry on...

Kind of hard to do that with someone who either doesn't know what the word "fact" means or makes the type of comments you make.

I don't remember this much doubt about Bobby Hebert's abilities when the Saints were winning consistently with a good run game and defense. Why now? And Teddy is definitely better than Bobby was IMO.

I don't remember this much doubt about Bobby Hebert's abilities when the Saints were winning consistently with a good run game and defense. Why now? And Teddy is definitely better than Bobby was IMO.

Agree for sure on Teddy>Bobby.

Let’s remove the “is Teddy doing a good job filling in?” question from the equation. The answer there is an unequivocal yes.

The issue is that we now have a legit elite playcaller in Payton who has contributed to Brees becoming an elite QB.

So the question is: is what we’ve seen from Teddy + Payton the best we can hope for moving forward after Drew retires? Or could it be better with, say, Joe Burrow + Payton? Or Herbert + Payton? Or Fromm or Jordan Love or...etc.

I’m really on the fence and have gone back and forth. For now, I’d like to see Payton draft a QB and groom him. But Teddy could change my mind again this week.

Serious question

Is it Drew or is it Payton et al?

What I mean is this. it has been a collaboration. A symbiosis between them that will ,probably see both in the HOF.

So. If Drew had been with a different team under a different coach would he be the record setter he has been with the Saints?

Same can be said of Payton. With a different but skilled QB would Payton have achieved what he has with Drew?

How do you divide the credit between them? We may get an answer when Drew retires. If Payton can build a second HOFer we'll know he deserves a fair amount of the credit.

Till then do you think it is 50/50 or some other credit split?

I think it is 50/50....and it supports my notion that either would be successful (maybe not as...) without each other...Brees has one of the quickest releases the NFL has ever seen and he sees the field as well as any QB in history, he would be good anywhere....SP is a risk taker that is hyper aggressive when he has all the offensive pieces in place but is also smart enough to dial back when the situation dictates....

Ok smart guy, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm being "warned" now? That's rich troll....

During the regular season maybe...my confidence in Hebert's abilities to play and lead shrunk during the playoffs...

My Dear Who Dat Brothers and Sisters,

I've been stunned at the large number of Teddy doubters. But I understand - very well. And I don't view the Teddy Doubetrs as Teddy Haters. I personally don't disrespect Teddy for what he has done. I am also fully aware that this is the greatest Saint's defense since the Dome Patrol. Brees is not only by far the greatest player to ever wear Black and Gold (by far), but he literally helped save a rich cultural city and it'amazing fun-loving people after a devastating natural disaster. Seeing it on the news is one thing. Losing family and entire neighborhoods wiped out is devastating for those of us who lived in or are from Newalins.

Personally, I got high on Teddy after the TB win. In many ways, the Teddy story is so much like the Brees story. By some bizarre twist of fate, one of my 2 orthopedics is Dr. Paul Geibel, who was the assistant surgeon to Doctor Andrews on Brees' devastating shoulder surgery. Andrews told Brees he had less than a 50% chance to ever recover normal usage of his right arm and less than 5% of ever playing in the NFL again. Teddy also had a devastating injury where many so-called experts thought he would never be able to play pro ball again. So the greatest player to ever play for the Saints, who was told that he would never play pro ball again, was replaced by another player who was never expected to play pro ball again. And what does he do? He leads his team to 4-0. Sounds like Brees???

Is Teddy our QB of the future? Maybe! Maybe not! But its too early to tell. But what a great story and what a great time to be a Saints fan. Even if Teddy is not the replacement for Brees, Teddy is a class act. I know from Coach Pete, and this is legit insider info, the players and coaches love Teddy: humble, determined, studious, sponge copier of Brees' best traits, hard worker and a true leader of pro athletes.

But what an amazing story. 5-1 with by far the most brutal schedule of the 2019 season. I thought Teddy was the future beyond Brees, but Coach Pete told me, "I respect Bridgewater a lot, but he is not the Saints future QB!" Pete is often self admittedly wrong, but he is insanely right in predicting future outcomes.

So the conversation comes down to, "Can Teddy lead us to another SB??" Many SB winners had far less skilled QBs than Teddy.

Maybe Teddy is the future, and Maybe he is not. I know he stunk up the game versus the Jags, but he didn't lose it either. Just as Coach Pete told me, "Teddy is a 2-read QB and when defenses put early pressure on Bridgewater he gets psyched.". Yet he is 4-0. So, how can we as Saints fan not appreciate Teddy and Brees and of course the astonishing job Coach Sean is doing, imho, by far the greatest coaching job of his career. This is an honest, open-hearted question. Is it so hard for many of us Who Dats to see anybody but the awesomely great Brees lead us to a SB? And can some of us Who Dats even see Teddy getting us to a SB?

Regardless, what a great time to be a grateful Saints fan!! Let's embrace and enjoy this. Some of us remember the drunken days of Billy Kilmer and a well-cooked Paul Horning. These are the days of heaven for us young Saints fans who have been around a few years :cool:

Good post!

Teddy has proved to be extremely lovable and wants one to root for him.....anywhere
Can TB be another Brees-like Saints QB ? That's where I have my doubts, but I won't say NO WAY!

I could care less what he said last season. I'm telling you right now that the Saints organization is not going to mortgage their future by extending another huge contract to a 40 year old QB when they have two more than capable younger QB's currently on the roster. If Teddy was interested in money, he could have accepted Miami's offer and gotten paid as a starting QB. He declined the offer and the Saints turned around and made him the highest paid back-up QB in the league. Why did the Saints do that? Sure, we all can speculate but they wanted to keep Teddy around for a reason. You don't have to take my word for it but facts are facts. Carry on...

If Drew wants to play the Saints will re-sign him. The other two QBs on the roster are no where near Drew Brees' level. Teddy is interested in money. Miami didn't offer enough. They offered him 2 years 10 mil. So 5mil/year we're playing him 7.25mil for one year. Fitzpatrick ended up signing with the Dolphins for 2 years, 11 mil which is in the ballpark of what they say Teddy was offered..

D9EE48A3-8496-4D49-92E1-E38A2D1055B6.jpeg

BD5F9164-40CF-4F69-99B7-AF703B43FF4F.jpeg

374036E4-30BA-4A58-B532-021B645E710C.jpeg

He's already stated he wants to play until he's 45. So what are the Saints waiting on? I'll wait...
Why rush? He isn’t going to play for anyone else. With a team that always seems pressed against the salary cap, they can get creative with his deal at the last minute and get their other business done first.

The only kid in college that will be eligible for this draft that blows my socks off is Fromm from Georgia. I think that kid would be great after about 2 or 3 years working with Sean Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom