Time to move on. Let's get ready for the Falcons... (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our first road game.

We haven't won in ATL since they got their new stadium. It needs to change. We haven't won in ATL since January 3rd, 2016 of the 2015 season. I hope we come out fired up. The slow start to the season ends now.

Time to move on is tomorrow. We get to celebrate a win for at least one single day after the game, don't we?

I cannot express how happy it makes me that we did not give Cleveland their first in win 34 tries.

I’m ok with discussing the Falcons. I saw highlights of their game yesterday and it looked like they switched some things up in the red zone and did better with scoring down there than they did in their first game. Our defense will have its hands full with Jones and Sanu, especially if we continue to not get pressure on the quarterback. We need a running game to slow things down and lengthen our drives to keep their offense off the field and we cannot squander away red zone opportunities. Coleman is a load to handle at RB. I also hope that their TE doesn’t own our linebackers. I would normally favor us in a track meet with any team, but not so far this year - not when we’ve been fumbling the ball as much as we have.
As much as I would love the Saints to smoke this team, I am expecting another edge-of-your-seat adventure.

Remember no Jones & Neal. Possibly no freeman, but I think Coleman can be even more dangerous with that speed. I like our matchup here. I’m predicting the defense to play better and better each week.

If we don't play press coverage on Jones and Sanu, we will be in trouble. Really, we beat Atlanta in Atlanta last season, but the refs refused to allow it, as every time we stopped their offense a penalty flag would come out to extend their drives. It was the most lopsided officiating I have ever seen in an NFL game.

If we don't play press coverage on Jones and Sanu, we will be in trouble. Really, we beat Atlanta in Atlanta last season, but the refs refused to allow it, as every time we stopped their offense a penalty flag would come out to extend their drives. It was the most lopsided officiating I have ever seen in an NFL game.

The difference is that our defense was playing much, much better at the time we played them in their house last year. You’re right - we had them beaten and the crappy calls and the bad decision at the end cost us the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom