Time to start focusing on Oakland (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Mercifully the preseason is over...guys are going to get cut this weekend and the 2016 Saints roster is going to take shape. I've watched a lot of Oakland this preseason and they are certainly a quality opponent. Our defense is going to get tested right out of the gate. I think they are going to have to be prepared for Oakland trying to thrown a lot on first down to keep the defense off balance and control the tempo. As far as how we should attack them I think they can be vulnerable against the run especially when you consider how they like to get after the Quarterback. Ingram, Spiller and the O Line are going to have to get their act together because if Drew has to throw the ball over 40 times it could spell doom for trying to start the season with a W.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Oakland is clearly improved but that is one team that Drew owns. I would be shocked if Drew doesn't throw for 350 and four tds.

I'm not as worried about Mack because we will double him but the other guys scare me.

On defense I fully expect to see an aggressive saints D make some great plays and give up some great plays. Saints 31-24.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My big question is this zone defense that we are playing in kind of stinks. 4-5 yard cushion, let receivers openly run free in between zones, and just too slow to play zone like we was in 2012 with Spag.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My big question is this zone defense that we are playing in kind of stinks. 4-5 yard cushion, let receivers openly run free in between zones, and just too slow to play zone like we was in 2012 with Spag.
Definitely think we should stick with press man. That's what Breaux and Williams both excel at. Put 2 safeties up top

WilliamBrees

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Oakland is clearly improved but that is one team that Drew owns. I would be shocked if Drew doesn't throw for 350 and four tds.

I'm not as worried about Mack because we will double him but the other guys scare me.

On defense I fully expect to see an aggressive saints D make some great plays and give up some great plays. Saints 31-24.

This isn't that raiders team anymore.

And seriously get her off my screen. That thing is annoying.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This isn't that raiders team anymore.

And seriously get her off my screen. That thing is annoying.
May not be the same raiders team but it's the same secondary. Their secondary just flat out isn't good. They'll be a 7 win team or so and they're on their way, but definitely overhyped

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The zone defense we were playing in "preseason" with our 2nd and 3rd string bubble guys.

We are an attacking defense, not a wait and react defense. We will see much different play calls. Besides that the defense played extremely well during preseason despite vanilla play-calling and sticking rookies on world beating WR's.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My oldest brother is a Raiders fan so this game will set the **** talking tone for the year!!

WilliamBrees

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
May not be the same raiders team but it's the same secondary. Their secondary just flat out isn't good. They'll be a 7 win team or so and they're on their way, but definitely overhyped
They shored up their defensive front this offseason. Who cares about the corners, we have not shown much speed after the catch. If Brees has no time to throw it does not matter who is covering who. That's the point. We're gonna hope Cooks catches a 5 yard pass and runs for 20 yards? When was the last time that happened on our team?

PHdeacon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Overhyped? You think? We'll see. The score will be 14-0 Raiders before the fans get settled in their seats.

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Overhyped? You think? We'll see. The score will be 14-0 Raiders before the fans get settled in their seats.
Well I guess I shouldn't even bother to watch the game then. Perhaps just give up on the season? Or even call DirecTV to cancel my NFL subscription and get my money back?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alvin Kamara continues hot start to season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The reason we start so slow Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Inside Drew Brees' slow start: A lack of aggressive throws from Saints QB, not arm strength Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Packers vs. Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints not worried about Emmanuel Sanders' slow start: 'His touches are going to come' SR News Page Articles 0
Emmanuel Sanders is off to a slow start, but Saints are 'very confident in his ability' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Early-season NFL QB awards: Best start, most improved, most nimble, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
After fast start, Saints stumble in humbling loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Update: Cantrell allows High School Football to start with some fans @ games. Still no word on Saints Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saint Kamara After a slow start to his career, Lutz has become a Justin Tucker clone Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Saints vs. Raiders, what to do with Emmanuel Sanders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
AmerVet Oakland Just had a better gameplan. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38