Time to start focusing on Oakland (1 Viewer)

Not taking the "X's" and "0's" into factor or player match ups... If we play a clean game, one where we aren't being penalized for 90 plus yards and turning the ball over 2-3 times then I say we have a very good chance. However, as demonstrated in the last two seasons the offense is going to start out slow. So the new and improved Defense needs to come to play. If we give Carr a nice comfy pocket it could be a long day.
24 - 21 Saints

Considering the shuffling around at OL, I think we will start frustratingly slow. I'm hoping that by halftime, we start consistently clicking.

17 - 13 Saints

Saints lose. Maybe win 5 games. Raiders will run all day behind those two big massive Guards with play action to Armani Cooper. O line want be able block Mack at all. Saints lose to Raiders.

I hope WilliamBrees has the common courtesy to apologize to you. Enjoy the season,I think we have a good chance to beat Oakland this team is better than most make it out to be.

If it is someone he knows then yes I apologize.

Saints lose. Maybe win 5 games. Raiders will run all day behind those two big massive Guards with play action to Armani Cooper. O line want be able block Mack at all. Saints lose to Raiders.

Sorry to splice your opinions with actual fact......

2015. Team rushing. Oakland 28th out of 32 teams

And we'll have to watch out for that "Armani" Cooper.

I'm just ready to see Thomas, Cooks and Snead on the same field together. We'll be just fine, might have to score 38, but we'll be just fine.

I think this game will be a good test for us and may be very challenging. Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin will provide a challenge for, what appears to be one of the weakest links and biggest unknowns on our team, the offensive line. Thinking of Strief going up against Mack looks to be a clear mismatch favoring the Raiders, so I hope SP gives him help.

On offense, the Raiders have a young, ascending QB in Carr and weapons in Cooper and Crabtree who will test our young and inexperienced DB's in PJ Williams, Crawley, and Harris. The Saints also need to contend with Latavius Murray, who I fear could challenge our LB's to cover laterally, although I am more confident in our LB corps this year than in years past.

I am most anxious to see if our offensive line in general, and guards in particular, hold up. I think if we can keep Drew relatively clean and give him time we will win this game, but I look for how the line performs to set the tone for the rest of the season.

Even if we don't beat Oakland, I think we go on a run right after. I'm not sold on the Giants’ defensive makeover, seems like they're trying to go back to the future and what worked for them 5-10 years ago won't work now. And Atlanta and San Diego are just hapless this year.

Semi-bold prediction -- a win over Oakland would ENSURE we go on a run in the weeks afterward, for the same reasons you laid out.

My big question is this zone defense that we are playing in kind of stinks. 4-5 yard cushion, let receivers openly run free in between zones, and just too slow to play zone like we was in 2012 with Spag.

One would be wise to assume that the reason we worked on zone coverage so much was to establish a culture of attacking the ball and the majority of our CB's are good 1 on 1 man defenders........not so much in zone and you can't play man 24/7

You've heard about it when they speak on Breaux, PJ Williams, Crawley, and Harris...they all play pretty solid in man and have all not played so well in zone. Too much cushion, making wrong reads...etc etc. Even Breaux spoke on it earlier saying its something he's consistently working on.

Anyhow...gameplanning will make the D and O look better and while Oakland is a very talented and up n coming team I don't think their coaching staff is elite and they've got a 1st time D coordinator to boot going against SP.

I think we'll edge them...or it'll be a competitive loss because we made too many mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom