Time to start focusing on Oakland (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Mercifully the preseason is over...guys are going to get cut this weekend and the 2016 Saints roster is going to take shape. I've watched a lot of Oakland this preseason and they are certainly a quality opponent. Our defense is going to get tested right out of the gate. I think they are going to have to be prepared for Oakland trying to thrown a lot on first down to keep the defense off balance and control the tempo. As far as how we should attack them I think they can be vulnerable against the run especially when you consider how they like to get after the Quarterback. Ingram, Spiller and the O Line are going to have to get their act together because if Drew has to throw the ball over 40 times it could spell doom for trying to start the season with a W.

Oakland is clearly improved but that is one team that Drew owns. I would be shocked if Drew doesn't throw for 350 and four tds.

I'm not as worried about Mack because we will double him but the other guys scare me.

On defense I fully expect to see an aggressive saints D make some great plays and give up some great plays. Saints 31-24.

Don't forget about Irvin... He always plays flawless against us.

My big question is this zone defense that we are playing in kind of stinks. 4-5 yard cushion, let receivers openly run free in between zones, and just too slow to play zone like we was in 2012 with Spag.

My big question is this zone defense that we are playing in kind of stinks. 4-5 yard cushion, let receivers openly run free in between zones, and just too slow to play zone like we was in 2012 with Spag.

Definitely think we should stick with press man. That's what Breaux and Williams both excel at. Put 2 safeties up top

Oakland is clearly improved but that is one team that Drew owns. I would be shocked if Drew doesn't throw for 350 and four tds.

I'm not as worried about Mack because we will double him but the other guys scare me.

On defense I fully expect to see an aggressive saints D make some great plays and give up some great plays. Saints 31-24.

This isn't that raiders team anymore.

And seriously get her off my screen. That thing is annoying.

This isn't that raiders team anymore.

And seriously get her off my screen. That thing is annoying.

May not be the same raiders team but it's the same secondary. Their secondary just flat out isn't good. They'll be a 7 win team or so and they're on their way, but definitely overhyped

The zone defense we were playing in "preseason" with our 2nd and 3rd string bubble guys.

We are an attacking defense, not a wait and react defense. We will see much different play calls. Besides that the defense played extremely well during preseason despite vanilla play-calling and sticking rookies on world beating WR's.

My oldest brother is a Raiders fan so this game will set the **** talking tone for the year!!

May not be the same raiders team but it's the same secondary. Their secondary just flat out isn't good. They'll be a 7 win team or so and they're on their way, but definitely overhyped

They shored up their defensive front this offseason. Who cares about the corners, we have not shown much speed after the catch. If Brees has no time to throw it does not matter who is covering who. That's the point. We're gonna hope Cooks catches a 5 yard pass and runs for 20 yards? When was the last time that happened on our team?

Overhyped? You think? We'll see. The score will be 14-0 Raiders before the fans get settled in their seats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom