Time to start the Russell Wilson talk again (new report says Russ still interested in Saints-along with Broncos and Giants) (1 Viewer)

You want to be lead around by the nose by your woman? If I'm Russel Wilson, I'd pull a Reggie Bush and find a lookalike where I can have the woman that looks the way I want her to look without the extra BS from the original celebrity woman.
I don't know if I agree she feels Russel has more potential to stardom in a bigger market. I mean its business and she is technically correct, yes he can get paid the same by any team but there is more opportunity in marketing deals for companies and yourself in a bigger market for after retirement. I feel there's nothing wrong with a strong woman. More to women then looks I rather have a woman that thinks and we can grow together then someone that looks the way i want. Looks fade brains dont

I don't know if I agree she feels Russel has more potential to stardom in a bigger market. I mean its business and she is technically correct, yes he can get paid the same by any team but there is more opportunity in marketing deals for companies and yourself in a bigger market for after retirement. I feel there's nothing wrong with a strong woman. More to women then looks I rather have a woman that thinks and we can grow together then someone that looks the way i want. Looks fade brains dont
Facts

Once again, my guess is that Wilson will have a big say on picking a new coach once Pete Carroll gets fired maybe even before season ends.

He is under contract and I am sure the Seahawks will accommodate to rebuild with him as the center piece.
Maybe, maybe not. Supposedly RW has the biggest issue with the GM. If that’s the case then it won’t matter who’s coaching. Look, where there’s smoke there’s fire. These “rumors” about Russ waiving his no trade clause last offseason and again now aren’t being created by Saints fans. Normally it’s a narrative created by a player and his agent to posture an exit from there current organization.

I hear ya, he's going find himself older one day and look back at his younger days and wonder why he is where he is and he's going to resent the hell out of her one day...New York? Really? She better learn how to settle for Pittsburgh or something.

She wants him to derail his career and move to where she wants to be so that she can regain her relevance. Sure there's a little blurb in there about him being better/greater, but this move is for her. Ladies, love your man for who he was/is not for who you can change him to be for your convenience. Life advice aside, TBH the best place for him in '21 -'22 is back in Sea w/ Pete Carroll off exploring mountains instead of being the HC.

Don’t necessarily disagree with either of you. With that said I don’t believe it’s as much of what Seattle can get as it will be what Russ wants. At his age, with his skill set, and given the QB landscape in the rest of the league his decision will likely come down to what team/situation he feels gives him the best chance to win. Call me crazy, but of all the teams mentioned in possible trades since last offseason (Raiders, Bears, Dallas, Saints, Broncos, Eagles, Giants) I believe that SP and the Saints would give RW what he’s looking for.
Correct.
1.) Elway has his sights set on Rodgers.
Rodgers wants Denver. All that needs to happen is for the Packers to not reach or win the SB. Pretty sure Goodell wants the Bucs in it vs the Pats. Besides, life comes around full circle. Rodgers would be what Manning was to Elway. As long as a chip is delivered, it doesn’t matter how long he plays for the team. Plus, if Elway tries to straddle the fence on Rodgers vs Russ, then he loses his sure fire get. Rodgers won’t sit in the “green room” again, waiting to see himself get passed up and Elway won’t overplay his hand. He takes the Rodgers rate.
2.) NY is glitz and glamor, but it would be the same type of situation he is already in. Nice receiving options (some may not even be on that roster next year), no Oline, no good offensive system, questions regarding the HC, etc. Why go to a team with no stability or direction? Makes zero sense from a football perspective, but could be used as leverage bc they will be a player in trade talks.
3.) We have many great things going for us, in terms of what is great for the rest of his career. Just not the fancy location of NY.

After the pros and cons are weighed out, then it’s just a matter of making the deal.

Once again, my guess is that Wilson will have a big say on picking a new coach once Pete Carroll gets fired maybe even before season ends.

He is under contract and I am sure the Seahawks will accommodate to rebuild with him as the center piece.
I live near Seattle and it seems like most of the local beat guys see your scenario as the most likely. Basically it boils down to this:

Seattle will either choose to go all in on keeping their 70+ year old coach that appears to be near the end of his coaching career and is struggling to maintain earlier success and trade their current franchise QB so that coach can start a rebuild . . .

OR

Seattle will choose to jettison that coach and go all on in on keeping their 33 year old, still very good franchise QB, a QB that is revered throughout the league, sells a ton of jerseys and tickets, and has two elite WRs to throw to.

Folks up here think the latter is much more likely. I think Seattle will have an amicable parting of the ways with Carroll, in part because of the pressure Russ is putting on them by leaks like the tweet today. They will tell Carroll goodbye, consult Russ on the new HC hire, and try to quickly get back to contender status with their best ever QB.

Maybe, maybe not. Supposedly RW has the biggest issue with the GM. If that’s the case then it won’t matter who’s coaching. Look, where there’s smoke there’s fire. These “rumors” about Russ waiving his no trade clause last offseason and again now aren’t being created by Saints fans. Normally it’s a narrative created by a player and his agent to posture an exit from there current organization.
Russ has voiced his concerns about needing a better Oline for the longest time and the GM failed. It’s a wrap, he’s all but out of there. The trust factor is pretty much gone. Can they put together a decent Oline by next year, probably, but that erase the damage that has been done. When the agent reels off teams, it’s for leverage and/or bc it’s a calculated move (angling). Russ knows what HC will go above and beyond for his QB. He knows the 411

I live near Seattle and it seems like most of the local beat guys see your scenario as the most likely. Basically it boils down to this:

Seattle will either choose to go all in on keeping their 70+ year old coach that appears to be near the end of his coaching career and is struggling to maintain earlier success and trade their current franchise QB so that coach can start a rebuild . . .

OR

Seattle will choose to jettison that coach and go all on in on keeping their 33 year old, still very good franchise QB, a QB that is revered throughout the league, sells a ton of jerseys and tickets, and has two elite WRs to throw to.

Folks up here think the latter is much more likely. I think Seattle will have an amicable parting of the ways with Carroll, in part because of the pressure Russ is putting on them by leaks like the tweet today. They will tell Carroll goodbye, consult Russ on the new HC hire, and try to quickly get back to contender status with their best ever QB.
And what amazing HC will be available??? There are literally zero coaches (as of now) that could move the needle. However, there IS this guy named Sean Payton. Players around the league talk. QBs would relish in the opportunity to play for him. Who the heck wouldn’t??? TB12 already said that he wanted to come here before Drew passed on retiring. Now, what does that say??? I just don’t see any new HC hire that would sway Russ. Maybe I’m not thinking of everyone, but I don’t see it.

I understand NY from the Ciara point of view, but it doesn't make a ton of sense football wise for Russ imo. Why even leave Seattle if it's to go there? Bad organization, bad coaching staff... I mean... Joe Judge... Really?. It's not like they're guaranteed a good head coach if they do fire him, just look at this list since Coughlin left :

1639001773194.png

yuck

I understand NY from the Ciara point of view, but it doesn't make a ton of sense football wise for Russ imo. Why even leave Seattle if it's to go there? Bad organization, bad coaching staff... I mean... Joe Judge... Really?. It's not like they're guaranteed a good head coach if they do fire him, just look at this list since Coughlin left :

1639001773194.png

yuck
Giants used to be a first-class organization. What happened? Lol

I got this from a trusted source back in October around the start of the trade deadline. Ciara wanted Russ out of Seattle by that time. I was going to share this back then, but decided not to.

"Seattle is a beautiful city.

They love their Seahawks, Marshawn Lynch, Pete Carroll, and of course, Russell Wilson.

I always figured that Wilson would be the QB for at least 15 years before it became an Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, etc., type of situation.

He is beloved there.

Russ was really happy with his situation until Ciara started getting into his ear. See, Ciara always had bigger plans, and she feels Russ should be a bigger star.

She feels he should be on par with Brady and Rodgers.

She also feels, even though she knows nothing about football, that Russ doesn’t get the credit he deserves, and they have held him back as a QB.

She thinks they haven’t surrounded him with enough talented players to maximize his talents.

The whole let Russ cooks mantra comes from here.

She wants him to be in New York because it is also better for her career. Don’t get me wrong, her career is fine, but without Russ, she would be in the same boat as Ashanti and Mya. Pretty R&B women from the early 2000s that are coasting off their old hits.

She is more relevant because she is married to Russell Wilson.

I am told she wants him on the Giants and for them to kick Daniel Jones to the curb.

I also heard she is pushing Russ to ask for a trade now while he is hurt and before the trade deadline.

She runs him, whatever she says he does. She is the BOSS."
Smart man. Happy wife, happy life.

The saints will do what they’re best at. Being used as leverage to raise the players price and eventually he’ll sign somewhere else. We don’t have the money or draft capital, but our name will be used to jack up the price.

Giants used to be a first-class organization. What happened? Lol
Something happened with the GM that came after Acosi, he was his mentee but he did something that got him fired. The new GM is a bust.

Plus, I think he is a solid player and a solid dude. But if I had to choose between the two….it’s a no brainer for me. Russ/AK41 or Russ/MT can be one of the best condoms….I mean combos in the league😆😆😆
So what you're saying is, you're thinking prophylactically...er, proactively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom