Time to start the Russell Wilson talk again (new report says Russ still interested in Saints-along with Broncos and Giants) (1 Viewer)

For everyone claiming our draft capital is too precious to give up, I say this. I would trade Russell Wilson in a heartbeat for Marcus Davenport, Peyton Turner, and Cesar Ruiz and a microsecond for a franchise altering quarterback like Russell Wilson. There are your three first round draft picks that it would take. Not saying that they would take them but when a guy like Russ is available and then you jump on the opportunity.
Could say the same about trading away Mike Thomas, Ryan Ramcyzk, and Marshon Lattimore (one of the latter two would probably go along with those three first round draft picks). Kinda hard to be franchise altering with no one to throw to or protect you.

For everyone claiming our draft capital is too precious to give up, I say this. I would trade Russell Wilson in a heartbeat for Marcus Davenport, Peyton Turner, and Cesar Ruiz and a microsecond for a franchise altering quarterback like Russell Wilson. There are your three first round draft picks that it would take. Not saying that they would take them but when a guy like Russ is available and then you jump on the opportunity.

Would you trade Marshon Lattimore, Cam Jordan, and Ryan Ramczyk for a 33 year old QB? Because they were all first rounders too.

Every team is going to miss on draft picks but the first round selections are still the best means to add quality talent to a roster. This is especially true for a team digging out of cap trouble.

We're drafting in the top 10 this year, and if you trade away next years #1 for RW and taking on his contract, chances are we'd be in the top 10 again...so you'd be willing to give up a Jameson Williams, and a whoever's a projected top 2023 talent for RW. - and maybe Alvin Kamara
Yes, and AK would never be part of our trade compensation

All true, I'm just going by what Derrick B said happened...and my reaction is based on that hearsay, if it's otherwise, then I retract my stance on the RW/Ciara thing, but if it is true, then he needs to be careful.
I just wanted to remind you that Derrick B isn't an "eyewitness" to conversations between spouses.

Would you trade Marshon Lattimore, Cam Jordan, and Ryan Ramczyk for a 33 year old QB? Because they were all first rounders too.
Just stop, NONE OF US know what the trade compensation would or would not be for RW. Here’s what we all should agree on, we trust our front office and SP. Soooo, if they do decide to go after RW, and he does come here then whatever the compensation package is will be worth it and something that still allows the Saints that be competitive to win championships over the next 4-6 years. I would hope that’s what everyone here wants right? Or are we really rebuilding to win championships years down the road.

I don't even think RW is that good TBH
He wasn't as good as Winston in 7 games, and 5 yrs older. These clowns think we are going to roll up the truck full of money and draft choices we don't have. No way! Sign Winston, if you are thinking of spending money we don't have.

Jameis Winston in the first 7 games of the season 5/2 14 TDs to 3 INTs.

Russel Wilson in hid first 7 games of the season 3/4 8 TDs to 4 INTs

He wasn't as good as Winston in 7 games, and 5 yrs older. These clowns think we are going to roll up the truck full of money and draft choices we don't have. No way! Sign Winston, if you are thinking of spending money we don't have.

I guess every football analyst, coach, player and media outlet besides you is a clown then because they all think that RW is a better QB than JW period.

“If” we went after RW then rest assured ML would find a way to spend money we don’t have to get him

Just stop, NONE OF US know what the trade compensation would or would not be for RW. Here’s what we all should agree on, we trust our front office and SP. Soooo, if they do decide to go after RW, and he does come here then whatever the compensation package is will be worth it and something that still allows the Saints that be competitive to win championships over the next 4-6 years. I would hope that’s what everyone here wants right? Or are we really rebuilding to win championships years down the road.

I was responding directly to a post with a comparable scenario. Your “just stop” is misdirected.

I guess every football analyst, coach, player and media outlet besides you is a clown then because they all think that RW is a better QB than JW period.
We don't know if CSP's RW is better than CSP's JW, but RW's numbers in Seattle aren't as world beating as what's being let on. Kirk Cousins has just as good, if not, better #s (that was my mystery QB earlier in this thread BTW) and I'd be damned if I give up a 1st rounder for him.

The problem is that the name/hype of Russel Wilson far exceeds the actuality of Russel Wilson.

For everyone claiming our draft capital is too precious to give up, I say this. I would trade for Russell Wilson in a heartbeat in exchange for Marcus Davenport, Peyton Turner, and Cesar Ruiz and a microsecond for a franchise altering quarterback like Russell Wilson. There are your three first round draft picks that it would take. Not saying that they would take them but when a guy like Russ is available and then you jump on the opportunity.

And to be clear, I am not suggesting that we offer them these players. I am merely suggesting that this is what three first round picks have done for us. In exchange for a young talent Like Russell Wilson I think it would be worth it to give up to three first round picks.
Young talent :unsure: he will be 34yrs old at the end of this season, and still didn't have as good a season as Winston, with way better weapons than Jamies.

I don't think the question is who is the better QB at this point, it's a question of what's more pragmatic. Reload with a guy that had you in the hunt until he went down or trade 2-3 of your top players and picks just to roll with Russ. Winston is the more pragmatic option (even if you grab a QB in the draft) because Seattle is going to want a ransom to trade him. Also, people forget Brady was a free agent so the Bucs did not lose anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom