Time to stop getting cute with Taysom Hill? (1 Viewer)

It's a reason we are scoring forty a game. Always gotta find SOMETHING to complain about. Enjoy the ride for heavens sake.

Copying my post from the game day thread. A user said the offense looked a lot better after two drives without Hill resulted in two TDs - except he was incorrect, as Hill was used for a 11 yard pass to Hill on that drive.

"Come on guy, he threw a pass to Josh Hill for a first down last drive. Even the Taysom Hill plays that are unsuccessful are setting something up for the future - either this game, or next week, or for Carolina, or in the playoffs. Eventually there are going to be so many looks and possibilities that game film will not help as much. Hill is going to be HUGE for a Super Bowl run.

In my honest humble opinion."

As a user previously said in this thread, just because one or two or three Hill plays in a row do not work, does not mean to stop using him or cut back. His use sets up opportunities in future games.

Football analysts that know far more than you and me have stated that Hill will be incredibly dangerous in the playoffs because he will have built up an entire season of looks/film and Payton will save the best for when it matters most. At this point, I expect to see wide open Hill plays in the playoffs because it will have been so well set up after 16 games of film.

Funny how y’all are ready to scrap something that’s worked repeatedly all season just because it got stopped a couple of times.

No one said scrap it. Try to make your point without flat out misquoting someone. If you can't, then it's probably doesn't need to be said.

It's a valid discussion if you stick to the OP's question. Blatantly mischaracterizing what he said is counterproductive and unnecessary.

I mean like really? He looks pretty detrimental today. I’m all for the occasional plug and play with hill.....but it’s getting to be too much. Stick with our future HOF’r.

Thank god someone else brought this up, i’ve Already taken my fair share of dead falcons...

But I hate Taysom Hill.

I just find this whole narrative annoying. I get it, it’s cool he plays ST, WR, RB, TE, etc.

But he’s clearly now self-absorbed in it. I love that the announcers call him out every game because I think he’s handed off 1 out of 50 read options.

Give the ball to the running back 50% of the time to keep the defense honest, and go sit down

You keep doing something until the other teams stop it. The Saints will adjust as they need to. Honestly, why the need to seek out something to whine about in a 41 point beatdown? AS the game is going on?

Thank god someone else brought this up, i’ve Already taken my fair share of dead falcons...

But I hate Taysom Hill.

I just find this whole narrative annoying. I get it, it’s cool he plays ST, WR, RB, TE, etc.

But he’s clearly now self-absorbed in it. I love that the announcers call him out every game because I think he’s handed off 1 out of 50 read options.

Give the ball to the running back 50% of the time to keep the defense honest, and go sit down

It'll pay off. Any time that defenses spend looking at film, practicing, discussing or game planning for Taysom Hill is time they don't spend on Brees, Thomas, Kamara, or Ingram...or Smith. Or Kirkwood. That's the beauty of it. They HAVE to prepare for it or it can cost them dearly in game. But to make that happen, Payton has to get so many plays in a game. It has to be a real threat to be effective. If we never run the ball, teams know they only have to concentrate on stopping the pass. That's why balance is so vital. Payton is making Hill's touches something teams have to gameplan for and he's growing those options. He may throw it now too? Teams dont want to see that, LOL.

No one said scrap it. Try to make your point without flat out misquoting someone. If you can't, then it's probably doesn't need to be said.

It's a valid discussion if you stick to the OP's question. Blatantly mischaracterizing what he said is counterproductive and unnecessary.

Seems to me the OP did pretty much say to scrap the gameplan of how we are using Taysom. Our offense has worked all year playing the way we are playing and making teams prepare for everything he can do. No matter if it works every single time or not. :shrug:

It’s hard to catch opponents off guard with Taysom. They’ve seen a decent sample size of how we use him...

With that said he dang near had that completion from drew though. He’s such an athlete that’s he’s useful to keep out there, we just aren’t catching any teams sleeping anymore when we put him out there.

It’s obvious that the Eagles gameplanned against it and it took away from other preperation. I think it is more designed to keep defenses confused and keeping them from coming out in nickel packages. Most of the time when Hill comes in, it is in a hurry up type offense( to my eye at least). Even if we don’t get yards, it still keeps defenses honest. Think of it as the new screen game.

Surprisingly, Troy and Buck addressed this very well.

Every new formation and play we run with T Hill is more info opposing defenses have to prepare for. It’s sort of like a lawyer drowning the opposition in paperwork.

If Sean can run a few Hill and Wildcat plays when we are up by 30, that’s more for the next team to have to prepare for, and while they are spreading themselves thin preparing for those plays, we’ll keep letting Drew carve up their secondary and Ingram/Kamara run over them.

Surprisingly, Troy and Buck addressed this very well.

Every new formation and play we run with T Hill is more info opposing defenses have to prepare for. It’s sort of like a lawyer drowning the opposition in paperwork.

If Sean can run a few Hill and Wildcat plays when we are up by 30, that’s more for the next team to have to prepare for, and while they are spreading themselves thin preparing for those plays, we’ll keep letting Drew carve up their secondary and Ingram/Kamara run over them.

I missed that but glad they mentioned it

Seems to me the OP did pretty much say to scrap the gameplan of how we are using Taysom. Our offense has worked all year playing the way we are playing and making teams prepare for everything he can do. No matter if it works every single time or not. :shrug:
He said words like "occasional" and phrases like "too much". This implies that he thinks Hill is used more than he should be while stating that he likes Hill use on fewer plays. You see "scrap it" means to get rid of something. To stop doing something altogether. Words have meaning. So if it seemed like he was saying get rid of Hill's plays to you, it's because you didn't understand and not because that was his intent as evident by his word choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom