Time to stop getting cute with Taysom Hill? (1 Viewer)

I missed that but glad they mentioned it
Must be some really bad defensive coordinators at work.

I do it really easy. I tell my defense anytime he is in the game go single high safety, man defense, drop the SS in the box, ends play contain and assign a spy to him. Next, I pray to see more hill and less Brees. I'll take my chances with Hill over Brees any day. When Hill starts beating me consistently then I would adjust. Until then, I focus on stopping Brees and don't waste a second on anything else.

I mean like really? He looks pretty detrimental today. I’m all for the occasional plug and play with hill.....but it’s getting to be too much. Stick with our future HOF’r.

I feel a huge "uh oh" coming every time he gets on the field lately.

Must be some really bad defensive coordinators at work.

I do it really easy. I tell my defense anytime he is in the game go single high safety, man defense, drop the SS in the box, ends play contain and assign a spy to him. Next, I pray to see more hill and less Brees. I'll take my chances with Hill over Brees any day. When Hill starts beating me consistently then I would adjust. Until then, I focus on stopping Brees and don't waste a second on anything else.

Yeah i agree but that’s hard to do when you send out your nickel defense and have to turn around call it off in the middle of a play and the Saints already almost set. You’re talking about the Saints substituting one player and the defense subbing more on some occasions.

Seems to me the OP did pretty much say to scrap the gameplan of how we are using Taysom. Our offense has worked all year playing the way we are playing and making teams prepare for everything he can do. No matter if it works every single time or not. :shrug:

It seems you need to read the whole thread. No one said scrap it. Just tone it down, and that’s obviously what SP did in the 2nd half. Hill has to stay in the game plan because the kid is a flat out playmaker! But, let’s not give him as many touches as he had in that first half, SP recognized Hill was off, adjusted and kept the gas pedal down. I have faith in our coach. He is a genius, but to say he didn’t get a little too cute with Hill in that first half is turning a blind eye to the obvious. We can be fans, yet talk about wrinkles in a gameplan at the same time (minuscule wrinkles, because this team is a monster).

Wow, two "We Use Taysom Hill Way Too Much" posts in one day. Come on guys, just go with it. He drives the other teams crazy when he is the game. It's like we have 13 players on the field. Plus, SP said today they are just looking to set him up or other players up when he is in. He can also block too-see Ingrams touchdown and other plays. Put him in on defense. Who cares at this point.

Let Payton do as he pleases on offense. He’s earned that right times 1000.

Wow, two "We Use Taysom Hill Way Too Much" posts in one day. Come on guys, just go with it. He drives the other teams crazy when he is the game. It's like we have 13 players on the field. Plus, SP said today they are just looking to set him up or other players up when he is in. He can also block too-see Ingrams touchdown and other plays. Put him in on defense. Who cares at this point.
Exactly. Buck and Aikman mentioned during the game that opposing teams are having to game plan specifically for him, which takes time away from game planning for the rest of the offense.

So no matter whether TH is gaining yardage or not, he gives our offense an advantage that no other offense has.

Stop? Ludicrous. Pour it on. Pore some more, keep pouring. If he does not stop playing like an absolute animal, this issue will resolve itself when he... gets that thing he got every year at BYU. If less playing time, then only to make sure he's there for the playoffs.

I think I’m lost here. Why are we complaining about Taysom’s usage when we have the best offense in the NFL, and it lowers Brees’ exposure to injury.

If you want to debate the benefits to Hill getting on the field come with some quantitative data as opposed to opinion.

While Hill's production was a little down against the Eagles, did you see his blocking? On the first play of the game, when Ingram broke the long run, Hill was lined up at the end of the line. It was his crack back block that allowed Ingram get free. Again, when Ingram scored the touchdown, it was Hill who sealed the outside for him. Against the Eagles, his biggest contribution was blocking, and that's a big deal.

laying down film, and showing tendencies. There will be a time when Coach uses this against another team. This team is good enough and coaches sophisticated to afford these long-term games.

I know I’ll pull in a lot of dead falcons on this thread. But, it’s time somebody says it. Put the ball in Brees’ hands and let’s get this W
Eh, I actually said it a couple of weeks ago. A few people have been saying it. I think he's a great weapon, but even the commentators mentioned how often he keeps the ball when he really should've handed it off. He cost us a few first downs this week as a result as well as the bad pass. Thankfully it didn't really matter in the end. When we have a closer game, though, I hope he's a little smarter about it.

We literally beat a team by 41 points. Whatever we’re doing, let’s keep doing it lol. Plus you can tell that Payton is being conservative and putting little thing after little thing on tape for the opposition to study. He’s making them waste time on that and not prepared for everything else. This will pay off come playoff time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom