Time to take a break... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think it is time for some of you to take a break from the forum. I cannot believe the negativity that is being slung around here. Do you truly understand what 9-0 means? Let me break that down to a simpler state, UNDEFEATED adj : victorious; "undefeated in battle"; "an undefeated team". It's almost getting to the point where I don't want to come here.

-rep me, flame me, but people need to CHILL OUT!

I think it is time for some of you to take a break from the forum. I cannot believe the negativity that is being slung around here. Do you truly understand what 9-0 means? Let me break that down to a simpler state, UNDEFEATED adj : victorious; "undefeated in battle"; "an undefeated team". It's almost getting to the point where I don't want to come here.

i'm not a debbie downer but i can respect why people feel like they do. could you imagine how you would have felt if Bulger would have completed that desperation pass at the end of the game? the reality is that the game should not have been that close. a Win is Win but people expect us to dominate week in and week out. it just isn't realistic. however, i would like to see the saints stop making so many MENTAL errors and bad decisions that are keeping the other teams in the game. anyways, what makes this board so great is the diverse feelings from fan to fan. what's the point if everyone agrees. if EVERYONE felt like you then there would be no diverse discussion. each member has the right to feel however they feel about the team. don't forget that the negative stats are justifying why people are feeling negative. some people look deeper than just a W or L. everyone is different and celebrates differently. the reality is that HOW WE FEEL has no outcome on how the team performs. we just have to trust that each and every week that the coaches are going to prepare the players correctly and that those players are going to execute that game plan. as long as we keep Winning there will be no justified doubters. who can argue that 9-0 is incredible and a real accomplishment no matter how you look at it?

I agree with the OP.

This board reads like a bunch of Steve Young-era Niner fans right now. Maybe even worse than that - Aikman-era Cowboys fans.

"We did not win by a sufficient margiN!!!"

We just locked down a winning season, we have a stranglehold on our division and a one game lead for HFA throughout the playoffs. And on top of that, we are finally WINNING all those close, ugly games that we used to LOSE. Like, say, I dont know, that time 2 years ago when the 0-8 Rams came into the Dome and kicked our *** in a season where we were coming off an appearance in the NFCCG.

Stop freaking out.

And stop sweating the injuries. This team is deep. Even at CB - you'll see. The only injury that would have a major impact on our season is if .... [I refuse to finish the sentence for fear that I might conjure it up by mistake...]

Last edited:
People can react how ever they want to.

I've been a regular here for several years and I often wait til Wednesday to check in til I've had a chance to cool off and not take peoples posts personally. Interesting thing is this is the first time i'm contemplating it after a win. not to mention after 9 wins. in a row.

so, i'll take it for what it is and not try to judge anybody about it one way or another.

It is all a matter of being spoiled. People forget this isnt college football where style points matter. The only thing that matters is W's and L's. And this team keeps racking up the W's.

well in some cases its good to be crticial if a team is making costly mistakes, even if we win. Because that does mean a loss is always around the corner. The team does have to play better, more inspired football because teams wont always let us off the hook. However, at the same time, this is the first and only itme in over 40 years of history that the Saints are undefeated. We are on top of our division by 4 games, on top of the entire NFC, and neck and neck with the Colts with an actual running game to put us ahead. WE are still mostly healthy and blessed with solid O and Dlines, great playmakers, and momentum. What this Saints team has accomplished should not be taken lightly. 32 teams aimed for this and only 2 have kept it going. Its not simple to do and the road here was not and never is easy.

It is OK for fans to be concerned with the Saints play lately. It's been sloppy at times with blown assignments and missed tackles but we are off to the best start in history and just tied the longest win streak in history. In the past we probably would have lost 2 of the last 3 games but now we are fighting just enough to come away with the victories. Be concerned with the mistakes but also enjoy the ride of this magical start.

I believe in biorhythms- very interesting to study if anyone is interested - My understanding of biothythms is basically people tend to function at high level in cycles and a low level in cycles. Its a function of survivability that theoretically allows us to live longer as our body recovers from optimum levels of performance.

Anyway, its more complicated than that, but conceptually thats it. It takes the 'randomness' out of random slumps. I believe there are a key # of Saints that are not performing at their highest level right now - Colston, Brees, Vilma, Shockey, etc.

These are all better than good players and they will rebound to their normal levels of domination.... if you believe that, then you'll believe some players are overachieving right now - possibly Will, Bushrod, who knows. Its an interesting study, and I think it relates to sports in an interesting way. Especially a football team.

We'll be ok as long as we stay healthy and our players peak out at the right times for performance.

(By the way if you think the biorhythms thing is total crap - I think Vegas gurus have even been rumored to adapt them into their calculations) :eek:

They're just upset because we might not be ranked #1 in the bcs errr power rankings this week. A win is a win, no matter how ugly it is. I'll take an ugly win next week too if I must.

I understand and agree with your post, but I also realize that this is new territory for Saints fans. As such, none of us really know how to handle success with our team. Sure, we've had some good years and all but never a start quite like this. And never a time when we were widely regarded as the best team in the entire league, especially at this point in the season.

There is definitely reason to be concerned right now. We have some weaknesses that are exposing us a bit in some areas as injuries take their toll. Having said that, we're still finding ways to win. In a similar vein, there's no guarantee that we will continue to win games even with all of our injured players back.

It's the NFL. Things can change very quickly. We as fans should enjoy what is happening because you never know when the tide could turn the other way.

I could give 2 hoots about stats. Lots of good post above. Our team is treading on ground not traveled before, that is awesome. I believe in my heart of hearts that this new Team will figure out a way to hit it in stride at the right time, are we playing sloppy ball now? Yes, in my humble opinion, will the staff and players get it fixed when it counts, a resounding YES!!! Proud to be a Saints fan this day!!! Truly AMAZING!!

We're 9-0. We're doing what great football teams do and that's find a way to win games. Am I pleased with the performance yesterday? No, but we WON! We had a lot going against us yesterday. Here is a post I made on another forum:

1- The Saints have a DE playing DT. With Sedrick Ellis in the lineup, the Saints have given up 83 rushing yards per game. Without him, they've given up 120 yards. What do you expect when your missing one of your top defensive players and then playing three of the leagues top rushing teams and arguably the most talented back in the NFL? Gregg Williams isn't overly worried, and neither am I. The Saints are being hit with injuries against the best of the NFL. It's all about the dominos.

2- The starting Saints corners were Randall Gay and Malcolm Jenkins in the second half. Plus Torrence saw a ton of playing time. Here are some numbers for you about playing time with those three guys:

Gay- 18, 30, 15, 19, 22, 16, 31, 20
Jenkins- 1, 4, 6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 11
Torrence- 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

It's very hard to expect a nickel and two guys who see the field less than the tee retriever to be thrown in the fire and perform at a high level, nomatter who the recievers are. Not to leave out Usama Young and Pierson in for Sharper, which was also a huge blow. Neither Greer or Sharper have serious injuries, and both could have played this game. Lastly, I don't know what the numbers say, but Donnie Avery is a pretty solid reciever.

In the NFL, teams coming off the bye win nearly 70% of the games I believe. It doesn't matter who your playing, a game coming off the opponents bye, IN THEIR HOUSE, will be tough.

We are winning, but not playing Championship football. We've all seen superbowl teams and we are not playing like one and the injuries are mounting. We've beaten alot of teams that were supposed to be really good before the season started and even after the first few weeks. We haven't beaten anybody who IS really really good yet. We thought the Eagles, Giants, Jets, Falcons, Panthers were going to be good teams in the preseason. As it turns out, they are all struggling. How would we play if we played teams that really are good. The Colts, Patriots, Bengals, and yes Minnesota all scare me. If a one dimensional St. Louis team can have a RB run for over 130 yards then I can't feel confident right now about how we would handle AP. With our secondary the way it is it's hard to feel confident about facing Brady or Manning. There are causes for concern and you shouldn't get upset when a fan expresses concern or disappointment on a "public" forum. You may feel confident sir, but I don't. Many teams have had great regular seasons and been bounced from the playoffs early. The mistakes we are making will get us beat in the playoffs. I'm happy to be 9-0, but we have gradually declined in our play the last 4 weeks. For that reason, I'm CONCERNED!!!!

I agree with the OP, but I can understand the angst that some Saints fans might be feeling. I think that a game like this should make us appreciate each win more! Not to mention that there were several things to be encouraged about in this game besides the win. Meachem continues to shine and Reggie Bush is playing with a lot of confidence. I don't care how good your defense is, we have too many weapons on offense if Meachem and Bush start going off. Also, Courtney Roby is emerging as another weapon for this team! Fujita, Shanle and Harper looked great in the 2nd half! As long as we have GW I give our defense every chance in the world to succeed. Last but not least if feels good to root for a winner!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom