Times-Pic study on officiating trends (1 Viewer)

jimrip

Bring the Wood!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted.. really nice article about officiating trends:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ss...ysis_of_last.html?appSession=999108427659791#

Scouting the refs
Many coaches, including Saints Coach Sean Payton, give players detailed reports each week on the tendencies of each officiating crew, using stats from both the current and previous seasons. It's one of the many tactics Payton gleaned from his mentor Bill Parcells.

Also has a nice search function on which crews call which penalties.

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does it give a % of the refs that have ****** the Saints? Because I'm pretty sure it'd be 100.

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
That was actually an interesting article with a lot of research behind it from the Times Picayune.

I'm shocked.

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone recall, in the CHI vs GB game, a ref called illegal touching on Harris when he barely pushed Hester to the outside. Ref said he touched him after 6 yards but he was lined up a yard off the LOS. It was really the most ridiculous call I saw Sunday. I mean he barely touched the guy. Hopefully the refs get better, but wek 1 gives me little hope.

The Nomad

RESIST
Reaction score
Does anyone recall, in the CHI vs GB game, a ref called illegal touching on Harris when he barely pushed Hester to the outside. Ref said he touched him after 6 yards but he was lined up a yard off the LOS. It was really the most ridiculous call I saw Sunday. I mean he barely touched the guy. Hopefully the refs get better, but wek 1 gives me little hope.
Yep, you would hope for officials to be a little more observant.

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score

That's one that stuck out to me. I firmly believe that in today's NFL, you have to win by 10+ points to make sure you don't get ***** by the refs.

It's just bad.

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
Yeah, Al Harris essentially gave Devin Hester a pat on the back and it's a free 1st down? Illegal contact is such a BS penalty in most instances. A WR can pretty much find a defender and run into him and get the penalty called.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom