Times the Saints med staff shined (1 Viewer)

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
I was just reading about Foster Moreau's "out of the blue" diagnosis of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and I instantly recalled Jon Dorenbos having a severe heart issue being caught while he was here for a free agent visit. Then I started thinking back about all the negative that's been said about the medical staff misdiagnosing players, etc, what about the times they've been the heroes?

Were they the first ones to look at Zack Miller after his horrible injury? I recall reading back then that without quick response, he'd likely have lost his leg...

What other times were Saints staff the ones to perform "over and above"?

I am curious about the other teams and how people view their medical staff. Here in this forum, people criticized our own but I have seen teams with more injuries than us during the season.

Nick Fairley, as well. He knew he had a heart issue, but Dr. Amoss was able to spot some abnormal progression in it that put his life at risk. They're just not great with soft tissue injuries, it seems.
I’m not going to give the Saints too much credit there. Yes, they diagnosed it…but should they not have had that diagnosed before signing him? Back then there seemed to be a complete disconnect between the medical staff and Saints coaches. It takes two to tango, and I honestly don’t think that the Saints staff cared a lot before the Breaux ordeal. Remember Jairus Byrd getting sign to a max safety contract with back pain? Or how about the Saints trying to draft the train-wreck waiting to happen that was Reuben Foster.

The dome Patrol would never have become a thing if they weren’t so frequently on the field as a collective unit. So, my answer: the last time the Saints medical staff shined was too long ago.

The dome Patrol would never have become a thing if they weren’t so frequently on the field as a collective unit. So, my answer: the last time the Saints medical staff shined was too long ago.
Didn't a player visit result in retirement after a failed physical and findings? I'd say that's a win for any medical staff and the player. They have nothing to do with injuries,setbacks or bad luck.

How often do you hear people going to the doctor from migraine headaches and doctors can't figure out the cause and this is with blood work and scans. They can't be blamed for any players frequent injuries or how they heal or don't heal properly.

I think it's just players and luck
There's No Diet, Certain Amount of training or rehab they could do to stop injuries from year to year.

I was just reading about Foster Moreau's "out of the blue" diagnosis of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and I instantly recalled Jon Dorenbos having a severe heart issue being caught while he was here for a free agent visit. Then I started thinking back about all the negative that's been said about the medical staff misdiagnosing players, etc, what about the times they've been the heroes?

Were they the first ones to look at Zack Miller after his horrible injury? I recall reading back then that without quick response, he'd likely have lost his leg...

What other times were Saints staff the ones to perform "over and above"?
Funny how none of the examples you cited was of a Saints player!

I am curious about the other teams and how people view their medical staff. Here in this forum, people criticized our own but I have seen teams with more injuries than us during the season.
Agree, but also consider the fan bases at several teams think the same thing about their medical staff. I heard a talk at a seminar not too long ago that said our tendons and ligaments just can't keep up with the level of strength gains in athlete's muscles these days. Muscles grow and grow and grow, but its the same old ligaments trying to hold all of that strength, speed and power together.

Agree, but also consider the fan bases at several teams think the same thing about their medical staff. I heard a talk at a seminar not too long ago that said our tendons and ligaments just can't keep up with the level of strength gains in athlete's muscles these days. Muscles grow and grow and grow, but its the same old ligaments trying to hold all of that strength, speed and power together.
That's interesting. Didn't know that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom