Tinfoil hat mode engaged: How the Saints win one more title in a rigged NFL (1 Viewer)

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I just got a weird idea about how the NFL very possibly rigs games and how it could tie into the Saints winning one more title. Ever since 2012, the league has basically brutally forked us over whenever they've wanted to. It's made us the fan base that hates the NFL and Goodell more so than any other and by a damn good margin too. Because of this, they've routinely done as much petty stuff to us as they can like not allowing the color rush jerseys more than the league max amount of uses per season, not even reviewing the pushoff at the end of last year's wild card game, using the PI review process to fork us over against Carolina, etc.

By now, they probably know that the Saints will likely have quite a few fans hang it up when Brees retires because many of us already mentally checked out after the 2018 NFG CG disgrace. If the NFL does in fact predetermine outcomes then they probably know that they could rope back in a huge chunk of the Saints fans that planned on abandoning the NFL after Brees retires if the Saints were to win one more title. It just makes a really good story for him to go out as a champ like Elway did but if the NFL is rigging things then there's no way they want us in any discussions for being one of the great teams of any era since they resent us unendingly so a repeat is 100% out of the equation if rigging is indeed present.

I feel like the only way this happens is if the NFL knows for sure that Brees is retiring at the end of that season. I also feel like this probably won't happen if Tom Brady also announces his retirement since they'd probably love to send golden boy off into the sunset with one more just for old times' sake.

For the record, this post and the hypothesis it puts forth are not wishful thinking on my part. I'd be very much against it, actually, since I don't want any part of a fixed title.

Last edited:
I reject the hypothesis because we stood by the team during the paper-bag days and after all that suffering we got a ring. The window may close but the Saints are a part of our local culture. My mom is not a sports fan but she puts on the game and roots for the home team. We are not Atlanta, we have real sports fans like Philly, or DC. We take the good with the bad!

Dude, you completely missed my point. The exodus that I'm alluding to has nothing to do with the assumption that we'll be less successful post-Brees and everything to do with the continually-growing mountain of evidence that the NFL is rigging games. Basically, I'm saying that some of us are convinced that this sheet is all a circus yet we watch anyway cuz we still wanna see Brees' career all the way to the end even if the NFL is duping us all the way.

Dude, you completely missed my point. The exodus that I'm alluding to has nothing to do with the assumption that we'll be less successful post-Brees and everything to do with the continually-growing mountain of evidence that the NFL is rigging games. Basically, I'm saying that some of us are convinced that this shirt is all a circus yet we watch anyway cuz we still wanna see Brees' career all the way to the end even if the NFL is duping us all the way.
I get your point but the viewing and support will not stop post Brees. I don't really think its rigged but we're a small market team and they don't usually win a bunch of rings. The support I recall when I was young had nothing to do with winning but we wanted to party and supprt the local team. The NFLs angle has nothing to do with that, I mean we are "the city that care forgot".

Last edited:
Fact... only one team can win the SB every year. The league didn’t miss the tackle, the league didn’t watch our first half offense sputter this year. The league didn’t create beast mode. I just want you to know that this is not a healthy way to go about your life, but it’s your right. As the band Fun once sang... carry oooooonnn, carry on, carry on

Dude, you completely missed my point. The exodus that I'm alluding to has nothing to do with the assumption that we'll be less successful post-Brees and everything to do with the continually-growing mountain of evidence that the NFL is rigging games. Basically, I'm saying that some of us are convinced that this shirt is all a circus yet we watch anyway cuz we still wanna see Brees' career all the way to the end even if the NFL is duping us all the way.
Dude if I found out that Brees was Hulk Hogan playing a simulated game I would stop watching. Isn’t this on you to just move on to another hobby?

btw, amazing day today. Killed the game of life with nothing but joy and positivity. So I’m entitled to my opinion without you attacking me personally. Good day, sir.

Dude if I found out that Brees was Hulk Hogan playing a simulated game I would stop watching. Isn’t this on you to just move on to another hobby?

btw, amazing day today. Killed the game of life with nothing but joy and positivity. So I’m entitled to my opinion without you attacking me personally. Good day, sir.

You clowned me on a post where I already qualified it with "tinfoil hat" to let the forum know that this was something I wasn't 100% sure of and that it might be going out on a limb. I sent you a private message with the heading "Nice clown" and a body of text reading something like "I hope your day gets better" and I'm attacking you lol? Please go eat a Snickers.

What better way to say, "We don't cheat! We don't rig game!" would be to rig it so the Saints win it all this season. We'd be darned if we said they rigged it for us and darned if we said the didn't. And the NFL would be smelling of roses and orchids either way.

You clowned me on a post where I already qualified it with "tinfoil hat" to let the forum know that this was something I wasn't 100% sure of and that it might be going out on a limb. I sent you a private message with the heading "Nice clown" and a body of text reading something like "I hope your day gets better" and I'm attacking you lol? Please go eat a Snickers.
Then I apologize...

I will go google tin hat to see what the heck that means, and then see if I can find a nice clown. Those 2 references aren’t part of my vocabulary.

Tinfoil hat refers to theories, hypotheses, etc. that are generally considered very unlikely and the stuff of wild imaginations by people that either have too much time on their hands, are paranoid, or in some other state of being a little mentally off kilter.

People also use it in self-deprecating contexts as a way to say "Hey y'all, I know this might sound crazy, but..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom