Article Tiny bugs stain beachgoers’ feet in Maine (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just a heads up the next time you take a walk on the beach.

Anne King experienced the phenomenon at Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebunkport, Maine. She tried some strong methods, including Tide-to-Go, when oils and scrubbing with soap didn’t get rid of the substance.

“I wish I had a picture before. They were totally black, intractable – soap, nothing,” King said. “I tried the Tide-To-Go. I figured it would bleach it, but nothing worked.”

T55XWRHGXZCDPABW5MZDN22NWI.jpg

Just a heads up the next time you take a walk on the beach.

T55XWRHGXZCDPABW5MZDN22NWI.jpg
Reminded me of old food service days. One of the first things I was taught was bleach is not a cleaner. It's a disenfectant and can be used to whiten laundry.

She would have been better served using isoprophyl alcohol instead. It serves as a cleaner and disenfectent

Last edited:
Reminded me of old food service days. One of the first things I was taught was bleach is not a cleaner. It's a disenfectant and can be used to whiten laundry.

She would have been better served using isoprophyl alcohol instead. It serves as a cleaner and disenfectent
Though it stinks I find WD40 is great for cleaning tough stains. I don’t know if is good at cleaning dirty feet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom