Tired of "He won us a Superbowl" (1 Viewer)

asargangle

Seasoned
Reaction score
I just want to vent for a moment....
I am Really sick of people pulling this card out......."We shouldn't let him go he helped us win the Superbowl". :covri:
I get the nostalgia and respect thing, but, if the best thing you can say about a player performance in the last year or two is this. Then please just don't.....:rant:
No team has ever won two superbowls with the exact same players.
Players will come and go its a fact of the game. Whether its because of the cap or performance we can't keep everyone that we had every year.
Our front office and the coaches will find players to fill the hole/s. Have faith and know that they want what you REALLY want and that is.....
The SAINTS to win another (I love that word) Superbowl:ezbill::hihi:

Saildawg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not one to say we should keep anybody because they helped us win a super bowl. However, I'll defer to Loomis, Payton and Ryan regarding defensive personnel and any wholesale changes or lack thereof. I'm anxious to see what Ryan can do with some of these guys and I'm pretty sure there will be more additions / subtractions before the season starts.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Haven't really seen the variant other than when people speak ill of Reggie Bush or Gregg Williams's time here as not worth it, when we won a Super Bowl in large part to their efforts. Even if in the latter's case one of the biggest shames and shams of the franchise's history went down and the others exit wasn't so squeaky clean, I get sour grapes. But we have a trophy with our name on it.

As for justifying not releasing anyone currently on the team? I can fully get the gripe with that attitude.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No team has ever won two superbowls with the exact same players.
Well, it is probably true that no team has ever won the SB with the exact same 53 man roster, but the Steelers in the 70s, the Niners in the 80s, the Cowboys and Broncos in the 90s, and the Patriots last decade, they had virtually the same starter rosters when they won back to back SBs,

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I dont know how related this is but the other day I was pondering the statement made by Collin Krapernick on him talking about getting back to a Superbowl.

Its actually an unusual feat for a QB to even make it back to a SB after losing, but every single starting QB that has lost their first SB and went on to win a subsequent SB is in the Hall of Fame...

Dawson
Griese
Elway

Somehow I just cant put Collin in that class.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
There is also a difference between saying, "time to release Smith and Vilma" and "Smith and Vilma suck! Cut them."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HburgSaints Tired of being held back by refs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7