Tired of Whiny Dolphin fans on NFL radio about first half TD (1 Viewer)

Kris

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Tired of Whiny Dolphin fans on NFL radio about first half TD? I am.

If the call had been made correctly the Saint's would have had time to spike the ball and kick a field goal. Their coach gave the Saint's the time to change to going for it not the bad call. The Colston catch was at 12 seconds left in second quarter. If it had been called down in bounds the Saint's could have spiked the ball and stopped the clock, allowing a field goal attempt. The Miami coach would have still called a timeout to try to ICE the kicker and Drew would still have lobbied for a TD sneak. Want proof? The dolphins almost proved it could be done at the end of the game.

2-10-NO 26
:)17) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 82-B.Hartline to NO 8 for 18 yards (20-R.Gay).
1-8-NO 8
:)06) 7-C.Henne spiked the ball to stop the clock. PENALTY on MIA, Illegal Motion, 0 yards, enforced at NO 8 - No Play. 10 second run-off to end the game.

with 17 seconds Henne passes to Hartline. with 6 seconds left Henne spikes the ball to stop the clock. Now a player wasn't set, but how much motivation did the Miami players really have at that point. The Saint's were much more motivated in the first half and could have done it. For those of you mathematically challenged, that is 11 seconds.

So Miami fans quit whining.

Kris

had the instant replay worked correctly the whole first half could have been different.

I look back and see a W.

Time to start priming the falclown stew.

Even though I have complained here before about Saints fans caring about what other team's fans think, I got tired of the whining myself and just had to post something in response. Check it out on Page 2 of this thread under Saint68...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/...marillo-play-explained-with-video-261375.html

Glad to know your feelings on the issue. They have some validity, but they do not affect my feelings or prohibit me from having an opinion different than yours. Sorry

Kris

What most failed to see was that it should have been ruled a catch then a fumble and recovered IN THE ENDZONE because THAT"S what happened . The ball came loose when he was falling and couls not be called down when his knee hit because he did NOT have control of it he regained control when he fell on it IN THE ENDZONE so so need for the time out talk

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. When he caught the ball and went down, there were 7 seconds left. Additionally, he was still on the ground and hadn't moved when it went down to 5. There's no way we would have gotten a snap off in 5 seconds. Check the film:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813b236f/Saints-46-Dolphins-34
1:45 mark.

I got my info from NFL.com play by play. I will look at my video recording of the game just to see, but what you are saying does not preclude them getting off the snap. Colston had no reason to get up in any hurry because the play had been ruled a touchdown, so why should he be hustling to the line when the clock is stopped. My point is that the Dolphins who had little motivation since they could not win almost stopped the clock after a similar pass distance play in 11 seconds. the Saint's would have had plenty of motivation and could have done the same.

Kris

if it was legal then teams would surely have it in their arsenal. you cant fault the refs, its a judgement call, if it looks like a duck...

I love the whining and hope they continue it for several weeks, and it makes them sick and they lose sleep over it, because no amount of whining will change the result of the game...hahahahahahaha...

If the dolphins wouldn't have choked, they wouldnt have lost the game. I'm tired of teams making excuses. If the Saints would have lost, it would have been because they didn't play well enough. Period. Same goes for any team in the NFL.

No way we would've gotten off a snap. We got a break.

But if the replay machine had worked earlier, the entire game could've been different (no field position flip, no Brees pick deep in his own territory, etc.).

If Dol-fans wanna play that game, we can, too.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. When he caught the ball and went down, there were 7 seconds left. Additionally, he was still on the ground and hadn't moved when it went down to 5. There's no way we would have gotten a snap off in 5 seconds. Check the film:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813b236f/Saints-46-Dolphins-34
1:45 mark.

Well if you look at the play closer the ball came out of Colston's possession before his knee hit the ground. This was mentioned by one of the announcers. It was actually a catch and fumble which Colston recovered on the goal line making it a touchdown from the jump.

Well if you look at the play closer the ball came out of Colston's possession before his knee hit the ground. This was mentioned by one of the announcers. It was actually a catch and fumble which Colston recovered on the goal line making it a touchdown from the jump.

I don't disagree with you. I actually think THAT would have been the proper call. But if they had made the call they ended up making the first time without the review and we're forced to rush a spike, we don't make it. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom