Tired of Whiny Dolphin fans on NFL radio about first half TD (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. When he caught the ball and went down, there were 7 seconds left. Additionally, he was still on the ground and hadn't moved when it went down to 5. There's no way we would have gotten a snap off in 5 seconds. Check the film:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813b236f/Saints-46-Dolphins-34
1:45 mark.
Isn't there a strong chance if it was called down, the clock would have been stopped anyway and been reviewed by the booth?? I think it would have, but of course that is debatable. What isn't? The "W."

They were given a freebie in the First Quarter on ricky Williams' long run. Vilma was absolutely mugged on the play. Stop your whining Fins Fans.
DOLPHIN GUMBEAUX!

I don't disagree with you. I actually think THAT would have been the proper call. But if they had made the call they ended up making the first time without the review and we're forced to rush a spike, we don't make it. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the initial call was a touchdown. I understand what you mean though. If they rule the ball down short of the goal line w/o a review I agree there is no way we would be able to get a play off before the end of the half.

Isn't there a strong chance if it was called down, the clock would have been stopped anyway and been reviewed by the booth?? I think it would have, but of course that is debatable. What isn't? The "W."

What probably happens in that circumstance is they let the clock run out, then they review. If they overturn, they give us the touchdown and put 6 or 7 seconds back on the clock. If they uphold, half over. But there is the possibility they blow it dead. We'll never know.

And their point? It's only 7 points instead of 3. We still won by 12!

Are Dolphins fans that pathetic? Like seriously.

It was called a TD on the field, they actually reviewed it and the call was over turned giving their D another shot at stopping us, which they couldn't do. Now their crying about if it wasnt called a TD to begin with...LOL Unreal.

Even in SLOW motion frame for frame its so close to when his knee hits and where the ball is and if its coming out or not. Its not like it was such an obvious call that everyone watching was like ARE YOU KIDDING he was clearly down...Get over it. You lost, you let up 46 points in your own backyard, and had 2 weeks to prepare. Good luck with the Jets

Well if you look at the play closer the ball came out of Colston's possession before his knee hit the ground. This was mentioned by one of the announcers. It was actually a catch and fumble which Colston recovered on the goal line making it a touchdown from the jump.

Exactly the way I saw it.

Let them do their whining nationally, I’m just glad they are off this site with the cry baby bulldookie. It got to the point where you couldn’t post on your own Saints Forum anything that resembled competitiveness or a lil smack talk. One jerk attempted to disguised his whining ways but attempting to take the almightily holier than thou upper crust condescending approach………………..Still sounded like whining to me though.

Attachments

• imagesCADGK35R.jpg
    imagesCADGK35R.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 124
I could be wrong, but I thought the official said the clock would start on his signal. Remember, it was a booth review wasn't it? With this, we would be lined up and WOULD have time to spike the ball. Close but possible.

Exactly the way I saw it.

holy cow... you know i never even really looked at it that way, i'm not looking at the play now but that certainly might have some merit to it. To be honest when i first saw it i thought it was a td... The refs did too(obviously), any questionable call and they are going to review it within two minutes, especially one that is going to have scoring ramifications, so i think that argument is just stupid. The refs finally made the right call, or what i thought at the time was the right call, then the fins very own ****head coach called time out, no one to blame but themselves.

I think its hilarious that they don't acknowledge any of the breaks they got all game long. I myself think they called the calls the right way for most of the calls they are crying about. Sharper's td, no clear evidence, period. Bess' fumble, no clear evidence, if it had been called down it would of stayed that way as well i'm pretty sure. In both cases there was certainly not enough evidence to overturn. Miami fans should get over themselves, i'm really beginning to dislike that team. I hope the Jets mash them this weekend.

Porter(3).jpg

WAAAAAH!

I could be wrong, but I thought the official said the clock would start on his signal. Remember, it was a booth review wasn't it? With this, we would be lined up and WOULD have time to spike the ball. Close but possible.

Yeah, this was my question. If the officials originally ruled touchdown, why would the clock start on the ready signal? I'm confused.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom