Titans and Vikings close their facilities due to Titans players and staff testing Covid-19 positive (UPDATE: Titans/Steelers postponed) (1 Viewer)

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans have closed their facilities until Saturday after three players and five team personnel members tested positive for COVID-19, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The Titans, citing an "abundance of caution," issued a statement saying they've halted in-person work Tuesday. The Minnesota Vikings, who played the Titans on Sunday, did the same, though a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that there were positive tests with the Vikings.

Source

Lol at the Doomers here already waiting for this day would come. The NFL has been knocking it out of the park. Small flare ups aren't the end of the world. Just quarantine, IR for a couple weeks with the new system, and keep playing games. Not a big deal at all.

Lol at the Doomers here already waiting for this day would come. The NFL has been knocking it out of the park. Small flare ups aren't the end of the world. Just quarantine, IR for a couple weeks with the new system, and keep playing games. Not a big deal at all.
there is a HUGE middle ground between your rather cavalier approach and the DOOMERS
yes there have not been many flare-ups in the nfl - it must also be recognized that this was during the summer months when covid should be at its weakest and when people were able to be outside plenty
europe is now showing us that even the best protocols don't protect against the anticipated fall/winter rise
- yes let's continue to move forward, but let's be smart with a healthy dose of caution as well

Sounds good in theory, but what happens when half a team’s starters have to IR for a couple weeks because of it?

I don’t think it will. Before today, I believe there was only one other positive test since the season kicked off. They seem to be doing a really good job so far.
Probably best to keep fans out or to a minimum in game day if it is working. As much as I want to see fans back. This might just prove we got to stick to a light bubble like NFL is doing now. Don’t ruin what is working .

This is not a zero-sum thing. I admit the league has been doing a good job but without a bubble but these things were bound to happen. I'm not predicting doom but the league may have to revisit or reemphasize some of its protocols.

I was expecting it would be like our luck if the Saints were having an amazing record destroying the league and of course the covid comes along and they cancel the season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom