Titans and Vikings close their facilities due to Titans players and staff testing Covid-19 positive (UPDATE: Titans/Steelers postponed) (1 Viewer)

Let that sink in . The game is Sunday

I remember back in the 80s, Saints punter Brian Hansen used to roll up to Girard Playground in Metairie and practice punting. He'd usually let whatever kids were on hand go shag the punts.

Well ... I wonder if the Titans and Vikings could go do that. Show up at a local park somewhere and just have practice. I guess these days, it wouldn't be all impromptu like that.

Hopefully the Titans/NFL can contact trace and find out who was patient 0.... and how they contracted it. It will be helpful to other teams.

This happened in baseball too - but they managed to get through it. The individual teams involved have to do the right and prudent thing, and everyone else pays attention and hopefully it proves to be contained and they can go from there.

This is not evidence that the season is doomed, nor should it be presumed not a big deal. It an issue that they have to handle seriously and competently, and hopefully that's all it takes. This probably wont' be the last of these.

Well the Saints defense has been fully prepared for the Covid by staying 6 feet away from any opposing player.
I'm shocked it took this long for someone to make this joke.

Ever done a football practice over Zoom? Guess you going to need the wife and kids for this.

If that is indeed the case...then I agree, you have to postpone the game. You don't have to postpone EVERY game...but I don't think that you can reasonably expect a team to be ready to play a football game after a week of zoom meetings. But again...there are contingencies in place for situations such as this one.

This happened in baseball too - but they managed to get through it. The individual teams involved have to do the right and prudent thing, and everyone else pays attention and hopefully it proves to be contained and they can go from there.

This is not evidence that the season is doomed, nor should it be presumed not a big deal. It an issue that they have to handle seriously and competently, and hopefully that's all it takes. This probably wont' be the last of these.

Exactly.

Do people really think the NFL didn't expect and plan for this?

My guess is that the season will ultimately extend beyond the originally scheduled week 17 date and perhaps even beyond the original Super Bowl date. But they're not shutting down anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom