Titans continue a stupid trend in the NFL (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Titans score to make it 20-19. They get lucky on the 2 point try and get a penalty. The try is now from the 1 yard line.

What do they do? Go into the shotgun, scramble around, and lose the game. It's idiotic. The Texans did this two weeks ago and it cost them a TD. This ain't college football. The idea that an NFL coach can't have his QB ready to go under center and sneak the ball blows my mind. There is no higher % play there than a QB sneak. No throw or handoff comes close to the same odds of a QB sneak picking up one yard.

Yet, coaches keep making this mistake and failing because of it.

Last edited:
I was shocked they even attempted the 2 pt conversion the first time! They outplayed the Chargers that half, if not most of the game, truly dumb decision by Grable. This is not the old time NCAA of he pre-2000's where the only thing that matters is a win, PERIOD, in order to increase the "power" ranking.

I agree with you on that one.

Or any run would have been better than that.

Titans score to make it 20-19. They get lucky on the 2 point try and get a penalty. The try is now from the 1 yard line.

What do they do? Go into the shotgun, scramble around, and lose the game. It's idiotic. The Texans did this two weeks ago and it cost them a TD. This ain't college football. The idea that an NFL coach can't have his QB ready to go under center and sneak the ball blows my mind. There is no higher % play there than a QB sneak. No throw or handoff comes close to the same odds of a QB sneak picking up one yard.

Yet, coaches keep making this mistake and failing because of it.

Mariota was under center for the second two point try. But your point still stands. You have an athletic 6'4" QB and you don't sneak? Dumb dumb dumb.

Mariota was under center for the second two point try. But your point still stands. You have an athletic 6'4" QB and you don't sneak? Dumb dumb dumb.

Yeah but they threw the ball.

The main thing is that the QB sneak doesn't seem to be in the playbook for some of these read option QBs who've come out the past few years. This same thing happened with the Texans a few weeks back. I think they won the game in the end (Cowboys maybe?), but before the half, they had an easy 4th down TD from the 6 inch line. They go to the shotgun and Watson gets sacked.

Mariotta didn't sneak it once today despite multiple opportunities. I really don't get it. Are these guys simply incapable of taking a snap under center and falling forward?

Not only do they throw it from the one but Mariota didn’t even give his guy a chance. Bad play call and bad decision to throw it to who he threw it to

You’re still in the thick of your division. Either sneak it in or tie it and go to OT.
You big dummies.

Maybe due to mariota's recent injuries they decided not to just in case he gets hurt. Just a thought
It’s for a WIN in the NFL!! One play for a win!!! I saw QB sneak the whole way. When he dropped back (and not to run) my head sunk into my hands. Why do coaches outsmart themselves? I’ve seen this 2 times this year with the Raiders and Marshawn. Lynch is one of the greatest short yardage runners in the history of this sport, yet first and goal from the one ends up as an INT.

I’m not surprised by them not kicking it, but I agree, once they get it moved half the distance I don’t understand not sneaking it.
You would think that if before the game they were told all they would need to do to win the game is get 1 yard on a QB sneak....they wouldn’t hesitate at the opportunity.

when i saw how the nose and tackle where stacked on the second try, I was telling my buddy, Its there! mariotta needs to keep it! Walk up under center and sneak. The play they chose was ridiculous, what a stupid call. I was all for going for 2 but at the same time if your going to do it, you have to make a calculated call on the play. That play was useless and low percentage

I was here thinking he's like 6'6". And here we have a HOF QB who's QUESTIONABLY 6 ft n he can reach across the goalline with ease lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom