Titans emerging as front runner for Cooks? (1 Viewer)

@hightowergoat on twitter claiming to have real source that will be nameless unless wrong....
Cooks to Titans for 18 and a 4th rd pick...

idk.

Who is that? Anyone with any credibility?

TN is not trading their 18th and a fourth for Cooks. TN is willing to move the Saints up to 5th pick for the 11th and Cooks. John Robinson is on record as saying draft picks in this draft are worth more than any other year because of the defensive talent at the top 7. All top 7 picks are elite.

Bye Felicia!

5 and 18 for Cooks and 11 is the deal I would push for. And that would put us in striking distance of obtaining pick 1 for Garrett if we want him, though I think I'd prefer to use both picks.

We get 18 and Titans 3rd. They get Cooks and our 4th We take pass rusher at 11. Mccaffery at 18 and draft defense with our 2nd and 2-3rds. We sign guard from Bengals and we are set !!!!
I like this alot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As soon as TN signs Pryor and Stills this trade is gone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Titans &amp; Saints are deep in trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Trade would involve 1st Rd Pick at 18 plus.</p>&mdash; NFL_DRAFT_Bites (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/839019935351386112">March 7, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As soon as TN signs Pryor and Stills this trade is gone.

You keep acting as if the teams have not talked. They may have even already agreed upon a trade. This is not done in a vacuum.

Hell, what's stopping US from getting Pryor as a free agent? Our needs on defense and perhaps offensive line? Saints are likely planning to go somewhere to replace Cooks production and it may take two players to do so.

I've struggled with this but here's the thing. We haven't had CJ since 2011 and he took players like Lance Moore, Colston, Henderson and Meachem and won a Super Bowl.

I think that gave the FO confidence that they could get some value for Cooks knowing they have a pay day for their true #1 coming up shortly and that CJ could coach up anyone they pick up to be a deep route guy.

Also, from a friend that works with the Patriots:
He said our asking price was ridiculous and the Pats are out. Which isn't big news or anything, but thought I'd share.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Titans &amp; Saints are deep in trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Trade would involve 1st Rd Pick at 18 plus.</p>&mdash; NFL_DRAFT_Bites (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/839019935351386112">March 7, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Make it happen Mick

Hell, what's stopping US from getting Pryor as a free agent? Our needs on defense and perhaps offensive line? Saints are likely planning to go somewhere to replace Cooks production and it may take two players to do so.

Yeah, like go after Rex Burkhead and bring Fuller up from the practice squad.
So many options.

Our offense is not going to get better or worse by many scores or many yards regardless of what we do. I mean, we're already at the top of the heap. Cooks touches will be redistributed and Brees will throw for right at 5k yards and 35 tds. I loved having BC, but this is a business.. for him and for the Saints.

This could work out for Us, BC, and the Titans. A deal where everybody is happy is a good deal. Now if it does happen, then Cooks better hope that the Titans find a very good WR to pair with him or he'll face over/under coverage every game and we've already seen that pretty much shuts him down. He didn't do well in "15 until Watson began giving teams something else to deal with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom