FA Titans Release: TE Delanie Walker (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Kick the tires but I think his better days are behind him. I'd hate to sign him to be the first year he really disappears with a decent salary at that.

I mean, he is 35 with some pretty decent mileage on him. One year deal if he's still got it though.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Heck of a TE in his prime been injured the last two years. Seems like his good days are behind him.

this is probably Drew's last year and perhaps the last year of the core nucleus being together as well. The Saints can ill afford to take a flyer on a project player. Very few spots will be open and those need to be filled with quality players that are most likely going to be able to contribute.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
On the downslope of a career that really deserved more wins than Tennessee was able to muster when he was a bit younger. He turns 36 in August, for reference's sake. Our own Jared Cook turns 33 in a coupla weeks and seemingly has plenty of big plays left in him.

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
Clearing medicals will be a big deal for him he's had complications from a Broken Ankle, the last two seasons that have ended his seasons on IR.

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
Really? Why? I'm not sure some people actually understand the TE2 role.

And if you post receiving stats in reply, then you're part of the problem.
Right, a lot of people don't truly understand what Josh Hill's role, and assignment value is on this team. You lose a lot of versatility in the run game, and the screen game when you don't have a true In-Line Blocking Tight End.

You can look to the road Tampa game where Payton said they had to change their entire game plan for the 2nd half of the game, when Hill went out with a concussion to see what his impact is.

Saintaholik

SaintsReport PHD (Formerly SaintsSwag)
Reaction score

I love Delanie Walker but his best days are way behind him.

I think it's time for him to hang it up, hes gotta be like 36- 37 by now. He finally showed a drop in his play over the last couple years, but for the longest he was one of the most underrated TE's in the league.

FATHER TIME is undefeated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom