FA Titans Release: TE Delanie Walker (2 Viewers)

I love Delanie Walker but his best days are way behind him.

I think it's time for him to hang it up, hes gotta be like 36- 37 by now. He finally showed a drop in his play over the last couple years, but for the longest he was one of the most underrated TE's in the league.

FATHER TIME is undefeated

Really? Why? I'm not sure some people actually understand the TE2 role.

And if you post receiving stats in reply, then you're part of the problem.

Im surprised you are talking to me in this matter knowing that you know me better than that.

Im surprised you are talking to me in this matter knowing that you know me better than that.
Well, to be fair, I'm surprised that you so casually threw Josh Hill under a bus like that, with no supporting rationale. SuperKid nailed it for me.

And also I could point out I said, 'some people', as relates to the wider malaise of this kind of thinking. But primarily, yeah I'm replying to you because it seems just a flawed statement.

They said the same thing about Tony G. Look at the effect he had on the falcons. Single handley made Matt Ryan one of the best Qbs when he was in Atlanta.

Cooks wont last the whole season with the shots he was taking last season. Dude is great. Saints need an additional journeyman TE.

They said the same thing about Tony G. Look at the effect he had on the falcons. Single handley made Matt Ryan one of the best Qbs when he was in Atlanta.
The player comparison you're making isn't even in the same universe. Tony Gonzales was much better at that stage and much more highly prized, everyone knew he was a major signing. Nice reach, though.

He's over the hill...but he still has to be better than Josh Hill.

There is NO TE in the league that is a better blocker than Josh Hill and that right there makes him more valuable than Walker would ever be in the Saints offense.

Watch some of the Saints highlight videos that feature the running game and you'll see why he's been on the team for so long.

Now if we could only get Sean Payton to implement some semblance of a running game into the offense they would be tough to slow down.

The Saints are not the quick strike offense they used to be but they can and should ball control teams to death and Hill is a HUGE part of that.

That’s a stud right there. With Jared Cook here I’m not sure if they would pull the trigger. I would love to have him here. Just an all around good football player. I think he would be good for the locker room also. Dude plays with a chip on his shoulder and I love that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom